Boulogne to Rouen - travel time?

MrCanary

I'm reverting to using the sea crossing from Dover to Boulogne and will then drive to Rouen on the autoroute before turning south...

It is ages since I used this route and, whilst I can see the computer estimates of travel time, I am trying to remember, in reality, roughly how long the trip is from Boulogne to Rouen?

I normally take a shade over 2 hours from the Eurotunnel (not exceeding speed limits) - so would expect Boulogne to be about 2 hours.

Of course time of day will have an effect - we normally arrive around 09:30 - the part that gets me is heading out of Rouen towards the A13 along the road with all the depots etc. Reminds me of an elongated Purley Way for those familiar with that area of Croydon.

Paul

Allow two hours. The route thru Rouen is easy if you remember that as you go over the river, start shifting into the outside lane to prepare for the filter off down a very sharp curve to the right which takes you onto the begining of "Purley Way", then just keep going thru numerous lights and across the vache roundabout (always good for a smile) up to the autoroute.

[quote user="Mel"]Thanks folks - I thought it was about two hours, but wasn't 100%... And thanks for the reminder - I remember that sharp right-hander in Rouen![/quote]

Or don't take the right turn on to the Purley wait, carry straight on to the Boulevard de Europe and join the Voie Rapid.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Rouen,+France&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=17.256447,56.469727&ie=UTF8&ll=49.41276,1.096916&spn=0.074046,0.220585&t=h&z=13&iwloc=A