Sanef Liber t /Alis

fairyflowers

[quote user="Maricopa"]Sent off for my ALIS -T badge on 30/09 and received it today.  My, how small they are!  I will be trying out for the first time next week, should be fun.[/quote]

Sounds like Alis are now sending out the new smaller doofers ... "dooferettes"? Mine's an older, larger, less wieldy blob.

Regards

Pickles

Mine came from APRR, a Liber-T Balade and is the size of a matchbox (thats a Bryant & May matchbox not a Swan Vestas).

Cost €10 initially and €1.50 per month when used. Applied for online and paid for from UK bank account. No messing about with printing and scanning (but then I am bone idle).

Are APRR the only one that allows online application and payment from UK ?

We have just arrived back from France and whilst approaching the Telepeage at Reims noticed the Sanef office just before the toll.  On entering and leaving (10 minutes maximum) with no-one able to speak English and my VERY poor French - had the doofer on the window and off we went.  Absolutely brilliant.  Even got a little "tinfoil" bag to put the doofer in when perhaps flying to France and having to go through the scanner at the airport, and then sticking to the "French" car when we arrive.  Will be so much better when my OH has to drive alone - will no longer need to jump in and out of car, run round the front - pay - jump back in with everyone behind tooting etc.

Does anyone know if you can buy an additional doofer "holders" - the sitcky bit for the window.  I am sure by taking them off etc so often that they must eventually break, but I had hoped to put one on both cars.

Thanks in advance.

Whooo folks, lets stop all this 'how fabulous doofers are' and keep it to ourselves.

Do you not see what will happen, everyone will have doofers and there will be large queues at the telepeage lane whilst there will be no one at the pay booths [:D]

Paul

On Wednesday I drove right down through France for the first time with my badge in place, what an absolute joy.  Having just bought a vehicle with manual windows, it saved me a lot of winding!

Incidentally Mel, I had lunch in Loches.  Restaurant called La Farfalla, very good friendly service with excellent value food. Recommended.

Hi Maricopa - interestingly, my wife and I have eaten there a few times and always enjoyed it. But in August we were there and a waitress was very rude to us. To begin with, I thought it was because we were English, but a short time later, two French lads sat at the table next to us and she bit their heads off as well. I was quite relieved and told the two lads what had happened to us. We all decided it was a personal problem with the girl...

I will go back!