Severe weather warning

Cendrillon

We've had fewer spiders in UK since I started putting conkers down each year. I place them behind various bins, baskets etc; we do still get some spiders, and those huge monsters which invade the sink still arrive. Any I find, I catch with my marvellous Lakeland suction machine - we have one in each country, and I've also taken them out for my French neighbours! The beauty of these is that they are long enough to keep yourself  nearly 30cm away from the critters, and it's also useful with flies and wasps if they land!

[quote user="Cendrillon"]13.00 Port of Dover is closed

[/quote]

I hope the closure was after the 1200 from Dunkirk arrived.

SWMBO was booked on the Boulogne to Dover ferry this am, it was cancelled and she was given a voucher for the sailing from Dunkirk at 1200. I havn't heard a word since [:(]

Inshallah she will contact me later.

I am just back from a drive along the prom at Bournemouth.. The air is full of flying froth looks like its snowing . Its blown from the rollers crashing in ... No surfers out here today although there is plenty of it . The prom iis covered with sand about 3 of 4 inches deep ... Lots of sweeper work needed to clear that .

As for the conkers ...They are supposed to ward off spiders . My place in the Vendee has them in the room corners on the floor and the window ledges .. Big fresh ones collected in Wooly's back yard in Apremont

Plenty to collect on his river side estate he kindly permits the public to strole through

I hope the closure was after the 1200 from Dunkirk arrived.

SWMBO

was booked on the Boulogne to Dover ferry this am, it was cancelled and

she was given a voucher for the sailing from Dunkirk at 1200. I havn't

heard a word since Sad [:(]

Inshallah she will contact me later.

Not sure, I heard it on the one'oclock news. I do hope she is safe and sound, I for one would not want to be crossing the channel today.