Weighed and measured

Iceni

My guess is that this will happen more and more as charges for checked baggage come into play.

When I was in Dallas in October many other meeting attendees had flown American Airways and their policy is to charge for checked baggage on internal flights, this has lead to overhead locker wars with people trying to cram in more and more, to the extent that it was front page news on the hotel freebie paper 'USA Today'

Until today I had never seen the cabin bags being checked for size though on my last visit to Limoges they were being weighed. Perhaps, at last, M O'L has woken up to this wasted opportunity and now pays commission to the measurers.

BTW Ryanair have not yet introduced the "leave it here in a big heap" method of dealing with hold baggage at Rodez, it is still handed in,as before, when you check in.

John

Easyjet were measuring in Nice last month and also checking that people only had one piece of handluggage. There were notices up at Liverpool airport that they were going to be checking on the way out but that didn't happen. It caught a lot of people out - they had a handbag as well as a cabin bag. I think they then had to pay for the cabin bag to be put in the hold.

On a couple of Easyjet flights recently, it was noticeable that everyone had their hand luggage checked for size, apart from the 'Speedy Boarders', who even had a priority lane at the gate. Would not be surprised if Easyjet follow Flybe and allow a second item of hand luggage to passengers willing to pay more.