Angouleme airport

Brier

[quote user="Bugsy"]That's because his blackmail tactics didn't work.

Hopefully he'll lose Poitiers as well and then perhaps we will get a company in whose aim is more than just screwing people.

[/quote]

Or to perhaps look at it another way....Ryanair and the Airport could not agree on a figure which would make the continuation of flights viable?

Remarkably, Ryanair are a commercial airline, out to make a profit, not a charity.

It's always a pity when routes disappear, especially for those who stay nearest to the airport, but it is happening all the time with all airlines.

You know what, perhaps i have grasped the wrong end of the stick here but i always thought that this was an English language based forum here to help people in their transition to France or help- with all things French.

Why do people insist on posting links that are in French and therefore, to people who come on here for assistance cos they don't understand French, impossible to read. You may think that you are doing a service by posting a link and saying ' read this ' but it really winds me up when you go to ' read this ' and you can't ' read this ' cos its in FRENCH.

Why not say 'copy and paste this into a translator and then read this ' cos the original text is in French ..............

[quote user="sharkhunter"]You know what, perhaps i have grasped the

wrong end of the stick here [/quote]

Yes, I think you have.

[quote user="sharkhunter"]Why not say 'copy and paste this into a translator and then read this ' cos the original text is in French ..............[/quote]

Well, mainly because its newspaper copyright material and is protected from copy and paste. Try it. (link)

[quote user="sharkhunter"]You know what, perhaps i have grasped the wrong end of the stick here but i always thought that this was an English language based forum here to help people in their transition to France or help- with all things French.
Why do people insist on posting links that are in French and therefore, to people who come on here for assistance cos they don't understand French, impossible to read. You may think that you are doing a service by posting a link and saying ' read this ' but it really winds me up when you go to ' read this ' and you can't ' read this ' cos its in FRENCH.
Why not say 'copy and paste this into a translator and then read this ' cos the original text is in French ..............
[/quote]

I wouldn't get too upset Sharkhunter, as I used Babelfish to "translate" the page direct, and I understood less of the English than I did of the French. [:D] But it seems to me and I may well be wrong, they are accusing Ryanair of being racketeers.But as someone else says if it's not making a profit can you blame them for pulling out.

[quote user="Bugsy"][quote user="NickP"]

as I used Babelfish to "translate" the page direct,[/quote]

Can you explain exactly how you did it Nick as I didn't get past the warning page.

Thanks.

[/quote]

Well I just clicked on your link Bugsy, and up came the page from the paper La Nouvelle Republique. In my tool-bar (yahoo) there is a translate page button, Babelfish. Pressed the button and up came the "translation", but as I said the translation was not very good, it's interesting that sometimes they are good and other times very bad. You were right about copy and paste as I tried that with no success.

[quote user="Bugsy"][quote user="sharkhunter"]You know what, perhaps i have grasped the

wrong end of the stick here [/quote]

Yes, I think you have.

[quote user="sharkhunter"]Why not say 'copy and paste this into a translator and then read this ' cos the original text is in French ..............[/quote]

Well, mainly because its newspaper copyright material and is protected from copy and paste. Try it. (link)

Hi Bugsy, perhaps you can tell me what the right end of the stick is then, it is a forum, it is for the English speaking community ( not exclusively ) to give out help for those who do not understand French or the system ???

What am i missing,

Sharkhunter

[/quote]

[quote user="sharkhunter"]

Hi Bugsy, perhaps you can tell me what the right end of the stick is then, it is a forum, it is for the English speaking community ( not exclusively ) to give out help for those who do not understand French or the system ???

What am i missing,

[/quote]

Well, how can I put this. You jump into a thread, but make no valid contribution to that thread,  just a silly ill-informed attack about a link being in french, which you don't understand. Somewhat puzzling that you chose this one given that there are a couple currently running that are almost all in french.

There are reams of french documents regularly posted on this forum just as there are many members on here who can actually read them. Even with basic french it is possible to 'get the gist' of what is written and working through the text of french articles can do nothing but improve your vocabulary.

If that is not possible for you then perhaps, a Michel Thomas course is probably a good place to start.