Do the French target us? The final straw

audio

[quote user="audio"]Russethouse wrote:

'Why ? I suspect the OP was born in Europe'

-----------------------------------

Yes you are correct, S.E.England[/quote]

If you had stayed there you would be less paranoid and would be less out of order in breaking Forum etiquette..

[quote user="Russethouse"]

The OP clearly has a problem with being in Europe, and so can hardly be expected to understand what you are talking about.

Why ? I suspect the OP was born in Europe [;-)][;-)]

[/quote]

So why the unacceptable division between ' the French' and 'us', and the totally forbidden comparison on any well moderated Forum between a ticket Inspector and a dictator responsible for millions of deaths?

If this is not addressed this Forum has totally overstepped the mark.

[quote user="NormanH"]
So why the unacceptable division between ' the French' and 'us', and the totally forbidden comparison on any well moderated Forum between a ticket Inspector and a dictator responsible for millions of deaths?

If this is not addressed this Forum has totally overstepped the mark.

[/quote]

There is no mention of a dictator , but that could have been deleted ?

You obviously have no sense of humor , us Brits love to laugh at the little dictator .....Faulty Towers , On the Buses , Chaplin .....but you will not get it.....lighten up.[:)][:D][:P][Www]

[quote user="krusty"]No , just checked again ....he is not here.[/quote]

No?

"It's

only the second time I have used the TGV, I did not know the senior

railcard existed. This should have been asked for and shown at the time

of purchase.

As for the ticket inspector, he reminded me of someone in the 40s,

short, small moustache, Austrian I think. I cannot remember his name."

but my outraged reply was deleted

Shame it spoilt your journey - and hope SNCF will give you a proper explanation. Do keep us informed please.

Last time we went to UK we decided to take the TGV to Paris then Eurostar. We went to local station out of Peak hours and explained we were slightly flexible on dates, could travel mid-week, and wanted cheapest poss tickets. Asked if buying Carte Senior was worthwhile. The ticket guy was a gem - he spent 20 minutes looking at all the options. Normal price E950 (for 2 return to St Pancras from Pontarlier)- with Carte Senior -50% = E475 + cost of card (forgotten exact figure). He then checked all the dates, and possibilities and said he could do it for E348 - then said 'attendez, j'ai pensé à un truc' - and 2 mins later said if you can go Tuesday and come back Thursday I can do it for E228 (114 each) - bingo. The key is to book early, just like with EasyJet, etc. Optimum booking time is 90 days in advance.

superb journey - door to door - much better than flying in many ways- certainly more relaxing. Hope your next train journey is wonderful. BTW - all passengers and all tickets were checked.

We had forgotten to 'compost' our ticket (stupid word, non?) - as the train was arriving, an announcement was made that tickets had to be composted - but machine was in station hall NOT on platform. OH rushed like a madman and came back just in time, bordering on a heart attack. I explained to the nice man who checked out tickets that it was too late to inform passengers about composting as the train is pulling in - especially as machine not available on platform. He told us that compulsory composting of ticket is for French passengers only and not for foreigners. I checked again with him, and he was adamant. Foreign passport holders to not have to compost!