a van through the tunnel

Am looking to come over with some stuff in a transit which had a load capacity of 5cubic meters.

The eurotunnel site for a van seems to cut off for loads of 3 cubic meters.  All I will be carrying is a couple of beds and matresses and some chairs.  Is this right I wont get through the tunnel?

Thanks

Not true.

You can book certainly a large transit on a frequent traveller ticket ,  I believe this to be so of standard crossings also.

I dont drive one myself but a pal who does pretty much always exceeds the 3m3 limit although he is never loaded to the gunwales.

Do you feel lucky? - well do you punk? [:D]

Hey - I was a skinhead in the 60's but never a punk!

It certainly looks like luck.  There is no facility on the website to book and it specifically throws you out if you say more than 3cubic meters.  I suppose one could book it at under 3 and then turn up and hope - both ways!

I dont mind the ferry - my wife hates them.

In-law always uses the tunnel with his sprinter and has not had any trouble with reasonable load from Eurotunnel, normal inspections from security staff.

Love the ferry Hate the tunnel, like a load of rats trapped in the burning tunnels No thanks 

I have an Iveco Daily pickup. 3.9 metres long 2.1 metres wide, theoretically I am way over 3 cubic metres capacity(depending how high I stack it), but I've never had a problem. As you book it asks "Are you intending to carry a load greater than 3 cubic metres?" not "Is your van capable of carrying more than 3 cubic metres"  [:)]

Their FAQ defines vehicles qualifying for personal use thus..........

Van: Any van (including roof box, roof rack or cycles) over 1.85m in height, used for private, tourist or leisure travel. This excludes minibuses, campervans, trailers, caravans, motorcycles and any light commercial goods vehicles carrying commercial goods for resale. Please note, the maximum laden weight for a van on our Passenger service is 3.5 tonnes.

Elsewhere in the definitions the main emphasis is on being able to prove that the goods are not intended for resale.