Dover-Calais season tickets

josa

Last year I bought 12 trip tickets from P&O as at that time I expected to go across at least that number of times (6 returns)  - but circumstances have dictated I am left with 4 single trips and it runs out on 21st July - just as luck would have it the earliest I can get across is 23rd July!!

Still, I am quite happy with this type of purchase (optimistic the coming year will allow more time in France) and wondered if anyone knows what the best value scheme for frequent travellers would be? I didn't like the tunnel one as it seems too inflexible - ie if the tickets are in my wifes name she has to be travelling, whereas on the P&O one I can go without her - worked well for the England/France Rugby!!

P&O are still the most flexible. I think the cost of your 12trips is £29.50 per single trip, but you can buy 6 trips for £33 approx. You can also book family and friends to use the tickets, without having to travel with them. You can also have 2 cars travelling at the same time.

If you travel at peak times there is a surcharge but it only applies July and August between 10am - 10pm.

You can also amend your tickets at no charge, and several times I have arrived early at the port, and have always been given an earlier boat. With almost hourly departures, you don't have the worry of missing the boat and having to wait several hours for another one.

Would you be able to add a trailer on one or more of the trips and what would the cost be?

Also can you book them as single trips or do they have to be used as a return each time?

Finally what is the validity of the season tickets, do they all have to be used within 12 months or worse still before the year end like Eurotunnel.

FWIW I reckon that speedferries had the best and least restrictive bulk purchase scheme and I could add my trailer for a tenner, sadly missed.

[quote user="Chancer"]

Finally what is the validity of the season tickets, do they all have to be used within 12 months or worse still before the year end like Eurotunnel.

[/quote]

Frequent Traveller  Eurotunnel is 12 months, not calendar year. From their website: 

"Tickets are valid for 1 year from the date of your account opening. If you need to cancel a journey your account is simply re-credited"

[quote user="Tom"][quote user="Chancer"]

[/quote]

Frequent Traveller  Eurotunnel is 12 months, not calendar year. From their website: 

"Tickets are valid for 1 year from the date of your account opening. If you need to cancel a journey your account is simply re-credited"

[/quote]

You do not need Eurotunnels website - I know from experience it is 12 months from paying the money. I therefore ensure that I pay just before the first trip thus ensuring I have maximum flexibility.