Portsmouth to Le Havre

James2

I am thinking of booking a ferry with LD Lines, Portsmouth to Le Havre return by Fast Cat, anyone travelled this route?

If so, are there any problems to look out for?

As I live in Bristol its always an early start to catch a ferry but handy to know any ways to make the trip easier.

We are also thinking of coming back to France in September via this route so will be interested to hear others comments. We usually travel via the tunnel but thought it would save on the drive if we did it this way. We would then have a shorter trip to Charente Maritime than the 8 hours from Calais.

We have used this service twice so far this year and it would be our choice of crossing for the summer period. Living near Portsmouth and with our house in the Charente Maritime we are 11hrs door to door and no need for abn overnight crossing/cabin.

Hi, We normally go by this route, just need to know how to get through La Have, if you need details let me know, we have done it many times. Have not yet used the fast cat, we normally do the overnight trip, but this year seemed very expensive, I think last year we paid £149 return, this year they wanted £215, I would say that is a big jump, so we went vie Dover, wrong move in a 1964 MG Roadster.

For the return trip we were going to cancel Calais -Dover, so contacted LD, they wanted £185 single.

So we returned from Calais.

I think they must be burning jet fuel.

ColinE