Ryanair schedules

Llantony

Ryanair claim to fly Bergerac-Nottingham East Midlands but when I put in dates I get nothing.

Why can't they publish schedules like other airlines, saying which months of the year they fly?

I hate them but there is no other airline flying from near me in France to EMA. The alternative is a much longer drive (and parking charges) in France or going to Birmingham or Manchester and hiring a car.

Llantony, I suggest that you send a personal letter to Michael O'Ryanair. When he learns of your needs I am confident that he will rearrange his business model to fit.

Or you could move to another part of Europe where you do not have to use an airline you hate.

There, 2 constructive suggestions early-ish on a Sat morn, the pills must be working.

John

That sort of unpleasant sarcasm reminds me why I seldom bother with this forum these days.

Ryanair used to fly this route regularly and the planes were always full when I or my visitors used them.

I simply remarked that it would be helpful if Ryanair published their schedules - especially if they have decided to only fly this route in August!

[quote user="Llantony"]That sort of unpleasant sarcasm reminds me why I seldom bother with this forum these days.

Ryanair used to fly this route regularly and the planes were always full when I or my visitors used them.

I simply remarked that it would be helpful if Ryanair published their schedules - especially if they have decided to only fly this route in August![/quote]

Llantony

We had the same experience having used their Edinburgh/Limoges service last summer - it appeared on the list of destinations yet it was always 'there are no flights' around the time the spring/summer services were appearing. And then without warning just disappeared as a destination from Edinburgh.  They introduce new destinations with much publicity yet don't even have the decency to announce the withdrawal/termination of a service.  Its a pity because it suited us - just a couple of hours to the house but what we have spent this year on flights has gone in to easyJet's coffers on the service to Lyon.

Work on the assumption that Ryanair, Easyjet et al are offering a route and flight times for the season for which they've published them, either winter or summer. There's no guarantee that they'll fly there in subsequent seasons and a full plane is no indicator. If they get a better subsidy elsewhere, or more profitable traffic, the plane moves  

[quote user="Llantony"]That sort of unpleasant sarcasm reminds me why I seldom bother with this forum these days. Ryanair used to fly this route regularly and the planes were always full when I or my visitors used them. I simply remarked that it would be helpful if Ryanair published their schedules - especially if they have decided to only fly this route in August![/quote]

In the news today that Ryanair have announced that they are to stop flying from Belfast at the end of September. The reason given because a decision has not been made on a second runway - apparently they only have one aircraft based there. Anyone with a booking after September needs to contact them.

Think this is perhaps why they do not publish schedules because a schedule is only any good if they keep to it.

Paul