Brit Ferries cancellation . "Was I asking too much ?"

Frederick

BF  have now informed me the Fastcat out of Poole I am booked on in the morning  has gone technical and the crossing is cancelled .  I asked them if they could get me out overnight this evening on the St Malo ferry from Portsmouth at the same fare cost as I have paid already . The answer was No ... if I want to go this evening I have to pay the full extra fare and cabin cost.. So much for Travel Club membership and customer good will . . This is the second time this year they have cancelled a crossing I was booked on ...and they made me feel I had a cheek to ask them to carry me to St Malo  ! Was I asking too much from them ?  

I assume they said that the would offer a transfer to the Portsmouth service, as the nearest equivalent.

It's a bit mean not to allow you to transfer to St Malo with a couple of overnight seats. I guess you would have been happy with that, even if you had to pay the extra if you wanted a cabin.

[quote user="BJSLIV"]I assume they said that the would offer a transfer to the Portsmouth service, as the nearest equivalent. It's a bit mean not to allow you to transfer to St Malo with a couple of overnight seats. I guess you would have been happy with that, even if you had to pay the extra if you wanted a cabin.[/quote]

Yes transfer to Portsmouth for the morning crossing .