Ryanair bording accident

Théière

That's interesting Krusty. I didn't believe it and had to go and lookup the spec for the 737-800.

You are correct; there is an in-built staircase. However, I've never seen it in use; I'm positive that, at Limoges for example, they always use 2 of the normal mobile stairs, one each fore and aft. I wonder if there's a timing element involved? The in-built ones look a bit flimsy, perhaps they're meant for crew use only?

Doesn't answer the question of responsibility though, sorry, except that I always took responsibility for my kids when they were that age.

DA (official Ryanair Mafia [8-|])

Edit: I've managed to load the Guardian report now and the photo definitely shows the in-built stairs in use (if that's a photo of the plane at the time). The accident was on July 17th last year, so it's likely that they've implemented a revised procedure for the stairs since then. Only £5 extra?

Is that news? Isn't it terrible what happened to the Titanic?

[quote user="Théière"]

It is incredible that  staircases throughout Europe must have no gaps bigger than 100mm

[/quote]

Off thread a little , but as you mention it . The hospital I worked at before leaving the UK spent a lot of money having parts fitted to the stairs to comply with the above ruling. 

You are correct; there is an in-built staircase. However, I've never seen it in use; I'm positive that, at Limoges for example, they always use 2 of the normal mobile stairs, one each fore and aft. I wonder if there's a timing element involved? The in-built ones look a bit flimsy, perhaps they're meant for crew use only?

It's why Ryanair and many other low cost airlines use the 737, they can operate out of airports with limited ground facilities.

• 1 month later...