LD Frequent traveller scheme not automatic

just john

Having travelled a couple of times with LD (after clocking the difference between them and Brittany's charges) I went to book my next trip and check my frequent traveller points to discover that they had not been added; after writing and pointing this out I expected to see them added, but was told that they would not be, since ''you must provide us with your account number at the time of booking'' it is not automatic! H r r mmph! good PR . . . NOT.

[quote user="BJSLIV"]The procedures are set out when you sign up to their scheme, including the special logons required. They will credit you retrospectively as long as you send them the relevant boarding cards... That's also set out in the rules.[/quote]

Regrettably not in my case according to their reply; they didn't mention the boarding cards which I hadn't retained anyway, but I had given copy e-mails confirming paid booking reference e-mails; their reply was quite specific that I needed to quote the reference at time of booking.

Incidently, I have been trying to book a trip early next year on the Newhaven Dieppe but the site does not accept bookings? is this route closed early next year?