Next general strike date

ixy

[quote user="gardengirl "]I heard they've called for a strike next Tuesday. Apart from the rolling strikes, that is! [/quote]

Heard that as well, but since Sarko's attempt to guillotine the debate and get the bill through quicker, I have heard that more strikes, sooner, may be called.

Regards

Pickles

They do affect hospitals, but I have never heard of essential things such as emergency or cancer treatment being affected.

Phone ahead and ask. ( If you are unconfident on the phone I could call for you if you give the name of the Hospital in a private message...no need for your details, just the service)

Have you noticed how the next two strikes are destined for the end of the following two weeks and which of course are holiday weeks?

In this respect and in an attempt to better understand things do the protesters and who are members of the syndacats have to pay 'dues' to the syndacats? Also do they lose 'pay' for the days they do not turn up for work. I wonder how employers legislate and control this by a system of clocking in or what?

Brianagain, thanks for the link to those dates; very helpful to know them definitely.

Rose, I haven't heard of treatments being affected. Give them a ring if being unsure is going to make you feel even more jittery than you would otherwise. If they're concerned, they'll probably ring you to rearrange dates.

[quote user="NormanH"]They do affect hospitals, but I have never heard of essential things such as emergency or cancer treatment being affected.

Phone ahead and ask. ( If you are unconfident on the phone I could call for you if you give the name of the Hospital in a private message...no need for your details, just the service)

[/quote]

Norman - thank you so much for the offer and for your support, I'll give then a ring... the secretary understand me now and speaks very slowly on the phone :) you're an old softie at heart really  [kiss] [kiss]... and GG thanks also for the good ideas xx

[quote user="dragonrouge"]Have you noticed how the next two strikes are destined for the end of the following two weeks and which of course are holiday weeks? In this respect and in an attempt to better understand things do the protesters and who are members of the syndacats have to pay 'dues' to the syndacats? Also do they lose 'pay' for the days they do not turn up for work. I wonder how employers legislate and control this by a system of clocking in or what?[/quote]

I do feel that if foreign words are used in an exclusively english speaking forum that they should be flagged by qoutation marks and in order not to confuse further non integrated participants the invasive foreign words should be spelt correctly in their source language.

french syndicat: spanish sindicato: german syndikat..... 

[quote user="pachapapa"]

I do feel that if foreign words are used in an exclusively english speaking forum that they should be flagged by qoutation marks and in order not to confuse further non integrated participants the invasive foreign words should be spelt correctly in their source language.

[/quote]

I do feel that if english words are used in an exclusively english speaking forum that they should be spelt correctly in their source language....[8-)]

[quote user="Rose"][quote user="NormanH"]They do affect hospitals, but I have never heard of essential things such as emergency or cancer treatment being affected.
[/quote]

Norman - thank you so much for the offer and for your support, I'll give then a ring... the secretary understand me now and speaks very slowly on the phone :) you're an old softie at heart really  [kiss] [kiss]... and GG thanks also for the good ideas xx
[/quote]Here in the Sarthe they seem to move staff about to make sure that the essential stuff is dealt with (my physios for instance, transfer to the in-patient hospital and those of us who can do without our treatment get their appointments cancelled.)   When I had an op' scheduled during a strike a few months ago, it went ahead but other services were cancelled - they seem pretty good at the triage aspect here so I'm sure you don't have anything to worry about (apart from the usual, that is.[:)])

[quote user="Sunday Driver"][quote user="pachapapa"]

[/quote]

I do feel that if english words are used in an exclusively english speaking forum that they should be spelt correctly in their source language....[8-)]

[/quote]

Subtile ironie is not your fourte.

[quote user="pachapapa"][quote user="Sunday Driver"][quote user="pachapapa"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Subtile ironie is not your fourte.

[/quote]

Humility certainly isn't yours ...

[6]

[quote user="Rose"][quote user="NormanH"]They do affect hospitals, but I have never heard of essential things such as emergency or cancer treatment being affected.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Rose - you beat me to it. I was just about to say the same thing when I was reading through this thread.  Norman - I do like your soft side.  That is when you are at your best.

Brian - Thanks for the link to the next two strike dates - 28th October and 6th November.  With children taking transport all over the place, the strikes have a major impact on our family life.