Cheap flights London to Bergerac

mint

Yes, but how many people live in Central London?

We used to live in the Thames Valley and most of our friends and family live there or thereabouts.  Southampton airport is an hour or so from there down the M3 and a good deal easier to get to than Luton or Stansted.

I rest my case.[:P]

Thank you, Gardian.  So, that's summer taken care of, which is really of most interest.  You understand the info isn't for me as I stay away from London in case the pull is so great that I never make it back to France!

Rather, it's for the prospective visitors.....ah, summer, what would it be like without the visitors?!

Thank you, RR and thank you, Erns.

I guess Gatwick with Flybe in the summer and, in the winter, it will have to be Bordeaux with Easyjet.  Gotta go consult a map to see where Bordeaux is in relation to the new pad.

Thanks again, everyone for the advice and info.

Anton that is so true - one of my sons lives in Surbiton and has always said it is far easier for him to get to Southampton than Stansted by train - plus it is much cheaper. One thing though you can get a train to Luton Airport from South London with Thameslink.

Anton and RR, I am deeply impressed that you two know how to get about by public transport!  Me, I'd have so much panic finding the right platform, side of the road etc to catch a train or a bus, I normally end up driving.

And then, I get lost on the road, but that's another story![:(]

Sweet 17, really!  If my 88 year old mother can get from Wimbledon to Le Mans by train and I can get from Le Mans to Kent by train with a wheelchair  then it should be no problem for you.  It's all in the mind - come along, you walked across Northern Spain - you are invincible now!

[quote user="Rob Roy"]An alternative might be the London City Airport to the new Brive Souillac, started this summer and will resume next year. Unfortunately only Friday and Sunday so far, but there are rumours that a lost cost airline will start next year.[/quote]

Cityjet are offering flights during the holidays that start Friday the 17th and I believe may run through February. I find the website very difficult to use to find out what dates they do run. You would think they would show some sort of timetable but you just have to keep entering dates until it finally shows one. Just wish they flew all year round.

[quote user="Anton Redman II"]Once you take the car to Airport any savings on flights are swallowed by parking.[/quote]A friend of mine uses an excellent service for Gatwick.  It's about 5 or 6 miles from the airport and has a shuttle bus but saves an absolute packet over the airport's own parking.

[quote user="Anton Redman II"]Once you take the car to Airport any savings on flights are swallowed by parking. .[/quote]

My daughter and husband found a good deal at Stanstead.  They had a night in a hotel together with parking for their car for £40 for the weekend (Friday to Monday) allowing them to take a red-eye flight to Bergerac and enjoy three days of Magret, Confit and my company...................[Www]

There's a packet to be made by somebody around here with any enterprise!  ('Around here' = France).

We're faced with leaving our car at Avignon TGV at a cost of c.€90 for 2 wks over Christmas, and that's if we're able to get in to the 'cheap' car park. If we were to turn up & it's full (which it often is), then it's €180.  The old game, which was risky in terms of security anyway, of leaving it on the approach roads is now a non-runner, because the cars are being towed away.

Happily, our neighbour was so stricken at the prospect, he's kindly volunteered to take and fetch us in our car. A nice gesture, at his instigation and it'll be well worth the couple of bottles of Champagne that we'll give him.

But the packet to be made is for somebody to do the old 'valet' service - pick up your car, return it when you get back.

[quote user="sweet 17"]a matatu?[8-)]  Should I start taking one of those then?[:-))][/quote]

Only if you are young foolish and in Kenya. Regretably I am only one of the three these days.

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/kenya/100127/kenyas-wild-matatus-captured-map

woops cannot make link work sorry

They sure have improved. Sorry about Rap it is every bit as painful when you can understand most of the words.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZasyjzIVWwQ