Who fancies queuing to board the Spirit of Britain?

just john

Is this really going to work?   Just consider 1000 odd cars coming off the ship at Dover, if they have double deck ramps and say 2 lanes on each it would take maybe 30 minutes to empty. But then the trouble really starts. 1000 cars all hitting the 2 grubby, murky Border Control lanes and then when you eventually get through that, negotiating the roundabout as you leave the docks. So, another hour to get on to the Jubilee Way? or struggle through Dover to get to the M20 and if you happen to be  on a ship following this monster then heaven help you

Quite, Pierre.  The port of Dover has to be one of the worst places on the planet to arrive at.  I often wonder what people coming to Britain for the first time think - especially our European cousins who are used to crossing borders almost without noticing it the majority of the time. (To say nothing of having had to pay a ludicrous amount of money to travel 20 miles.)

[quote user="just john "][quote user="PaulT"]Now the Tunnel - drive straight off of the motorway / autoroute in to the terminal. But please carry on using the ferries so it keeps it nice and quite at the Tunnel.[/quote]

Just remember to take your fire extinguisher and sleeping bag  with you . . .[Www][/quote]

Dare I say ... as opposed to a lifejacket ...

Regards

Pickles

'Spirit of Britain' was obviously carrying out familiarisation trials in Calais last Saturday evening and she certainly looked a very beautiful ship - and did not seem to be excessively large in real life.

Must say though, that I was surprised at a very large light rust stain on the starboard side...

[quote user="Mel"]'Spirit of Britain' was obviously carrying out familiarisation trials in Calais last Saturday evening and she certainly looked a very beautiful ship - and did not seem to be excessively large in real life. Must say though, that I was surprised at a very large light rust stain on the starboard side...[/quote]

They had obviously used French paint [:)]