I hate RYAN air

Please excuse my language, the people at RYAN air are a bunch of PRI$%S

Arrived at the air port (Stansted), on time with a small carry on bag only (that fitted in the bag sizer).

I decided to do a bit of duty free shopping, brought a camera and a bottle of wine.

Went on to the boarding gate, to be told I now had to pay £30 as I had now had two bags and must check one in, I said yes but its duty free !

So started to repack my bag with the duty free items. Took out my jackets from the bag put it on to make space and refitted every thing in to the bag.

I was then told as I was too slow they have now closed the gate. Thus I was not allowed to fly. The girl on the desk was on some kind of power trip, because I took the option to re pack and not be forced to pay.

I hate RYAN air I am now band from flying RYAN air for 24hrs for telling the girl what I thought off her after I was not allowed to board the plane.

The thing that pissed me of was I am sure I saw them let some one else board after they said no to me as that person had given them an extra £30

I will be now requesting BAA's cctv footage under the data protection act to see the time they closed the gate and if any one else was allowed to board after me.

Now having to take the Euro Star tomorrow, unbelievable people.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It states quite clearly on the Ryanair website that only one item of baggage is allowed -

"Strictly one item of cabin baggage per passenger (excluding infants) weighing up to 10kg with maximum dimensions of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm is permitted. (handbag, briefcase, laptop, shop purchases, camera etc.) must be carried in your 1 permitted piece of cabin baggage"

(my red highlight) so I don't really understand what you are complaining about. If you had paid the £30 excess you could have carried them aboard, as you say the other passenger did; since you chose not to pay that was up to you. One of the reasons Ryanair are so successful is that they have fast turnaround of their flights, so once boarding starts it is quick as they need to take off a.s.a.p. They are not going to wait while passengers re-arrange their luggage.

[quote user="Rob Roy"]

It states quite clearly on the Ryanair website that only one item of baggage is allowed -

"Strictly one item of cabin baggage per passenger (excluding infants) weighing up to 10kg with maximum dimensions of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm is permitted. (handbag, briefcase, laptop, shop purchases, camera etc.) must be carried in your 1 permitted piece of cabin baggage" [/quote]

If you stick to their strict terms you get a cheap flight, otherwise book BA.

First up I made the gate with plenty of time, the wine was a rather nice Australian red that my partner liked. The wine and camera fitted in to the bag it just took me a few minutes to re organise, i.e take the camera out of the box.

When re packed the bag was the correct dimensions. So why should I have to pay £30 when I did not need to ? Its not a matter of the money its a matter of principal.

I would love to fly any other air line, and would happily pay more, but sadly they are the only ones that fly to Tours from London

As smart passengers do beforehand and no doubt you will next time you fly with them [;-)]

I'm sure when you have calmed down you will realise that you were in the wrong and that it was your own lack of knowledge or understanding of the rules which led to you missing the flight.

I don't know on what basis you think you will be able to demand CCTV footage from BAA, certainly it won't be under the Data Protection Act, but even assuming you get it, which I doubt, where or what do you think it will get you ?

I'm sure the other 140 odd passengers who successfully boarded - yes even the one who grudgingly paid £30 - will be glad that the staff closed the gate promptly allowing the flight to operate on schedule.

Learn from it and move on [;-)]

[quote user="Iceni"]

Don't you all realise that when something goes wrong it is always the fault of another party?

Nuby - I suggest that you sue Ryanair for making you look foolish.

John

[/quote]

Its not a matter of making me look foolish its a matter of being treated fairly and with respect. The reason I want to see the CCTV is to prove a point, i.e gate closed before time and someone still boarded after I was told the gate was closed.

Setting aside the why's, wherefores and you should have done this and should have done that ....................... it's all just a horrible experience, isn't it?

I mean, when you think about it, you couldn't get any further from the opposite of customer care, could you?

I'm not an RA-moaner, nor a particular fan either. I stick to my view though, that as long as they continue to treat people in the way that they do, enough customers (and that's what we all are) will vote with their feet to render the business model 'dodgy'.

It relies on high load factors ........ and no good saying, "Well we'll shut down that routing, and that one, and that one", because then it all falls flat like a pack of cards.   

I guess they look my kindly on it when people are delayed because they have to pay them £30 than hen they are trying not to give them extra money.

Believe me, you may pursue this and the only thing you will achieve is to take up more of your time and energy !

What would you hope to achieve ? A free ticket using a carrier you have bad mouthed ?

As I said the the best revenge is to recommend other carriers, unless of course your clients depend on RA ?

If I were you I would never use them again. That should leave more space for those of us who have read and understood the T&Cs and never have a problem.

You could book with an expensive airline next time and pay for them to be nice to you.

"Traveling to xxx could not be easier. With planes taking less than an hour from London – it really is a breeze.

Here are our suggested routes

1. The Quickest Route

By air, take Ryan Air from Stansted to Tours or Poitiers..."  

I think you may have to revise your travel advice to your clients, NB, or spell out to them that they should not buy stuff in the duty-free area before boarding...      [Www]

Angela

[quote user="NuBeginnings"]The reason I want to see the CCTV is to prove a point, i.e gate closed before time and someone still boarded after I was told the gate was closed.[/quote]Prove it to yourself or RA, and if the latter what do you propose doing about it, suing them ?

One question though, what do you mean by 'gate'. Do you mean the departure gate inside the terminal or the final check immediately prior to boarding the aircraft.

As I said before, learn from it and move on.

Dry your eyes and move on. Surely you have more important things in your life to invest this much energy into?

I would suspect you will get the cctv footage, show it to some disinterested Ryanair staff, they will say "yeah, and....?" and you will become more and more annoyed and bitter as you attempt to escalate things for no real benefit.

[quote user="Loiseau"]"Traveling to xxx could not be easier. With planes taking less than an hour from London – it really is a breeze.
Here are our suggested routes
1. The Quickest Route
By air, take Ryan Air from Stansted to Tours or Poitiers..."  

I think you may have to revise your travel advice to your clients, NB, or spell out to them that they should not buy stuff in the duty-free area before boarding...      [Www]

Angela
[/quote]

It's worse than that, Nu beginings is a WEIGHT loss boot camp [8-|] guess you lost a few pounds and sweated a bit that day [:D]

(Only joking you understand) [;-)] 

[quote user="NuBeginnings"]The other passenger was not standby just forced to pay £30 she paid the £30 then boarded.[/quote]Chose to pay you mean, not forced - there is a difference.

An important point which seems to have been missed is why you were so late getting to the gate that the odd couple of minutes it should have taken to rearrange your bags made the difference between it being open and closing [blink]