Hotel chains that do not accept dogs

PaulT

Campanile definitely accept dogs.  I don't know about Kyriad.

Edit:  Paul, look up the hotel first and, if you are really worried, give them a ring and ask.  That's what I have done in the past.  Since posting, Coops has also posted and, as she says, Ibis accept dogs.  The supplement is only something like 10 euros and the Ibis we stayed in also let the dog into the restaurant.

Ibis hotels take them but charge a suplement.

I don't know about those which don't Paul but I reckon there are enough Ibises and Campaniles about to do most trips with a dog.

PS, I just googled Kyriad and they seem to take dogs also (and besides, who wouldn't take the lovely Lace?[:)])

Thanks for the replies.

If we stay on our trips to and fro we stay at the Ibis at Luce (Chartres).

The question was asked of me by friends who lives in France and are having visitors over from the UK who have a dog - could answer the one about Pet Passports with no problem.

I was under the impression that Campanile do not take dogs so I am delighted that they do as I am sure that Kyriad must also - got quite attached to the Kyriad at Tarbes when we were looking for the right house, spent many nights there but we flew down each time so no Lace.

Paul

We always stay at the Campanile with our dog and people do take their dogs into the restaurant although we don't!

Lots of the Relais accept pets too, we have stayed in a few but prefer the Campanile chain now.

[quote user="woolybanana"]Great Bobo, I wouldnt dare take mine into a restaurant. They would cause mayhem. On the other hand, perhaps, on occasion.....[6][/quote]

To be able to take our dog into the hotel restaurant is important to us.  Can't possibly leave her in a strange bedroom all on her own!

Otherwise, we find a nearby restaurant which does not object to dogs .  Usually, though, when you have already driven half way across such a vast country as France, you don't necessarily want to drive around some more to look for a dog-friendly restaurant.

Over the last 30years,I have been  the proud and loving owner of Fleet ( golden retriever 12yrs. ), Angus (golden retriever 10yrs. ,  and Mac ( black lab 14yrs.

Bearing in mind there is twenty four hours in a day,

Why would anyone ,with a brain ,want to go into a public restaurant with their dog!

I remember years ago we were travelling overnight Calais to Narbonne on the train with our three young children.

There were 6 couchettes but we only occupied 5 of them

Middle of the night someone got on the train and came in to our compartment WITH A FLIPPING DOG!!! We couldn't believe it. Not much sleep after that.

I've told this story before - when we got off the overnight sleeper train at Calais we waited for our car to be unloaded with a woman who had been split up from her husband and son and put in a carraige with her daughter. Then a couple got on with their young baby grand daughter, and a cat complete with dirt tray. Once the train left the station the cat was let out of its cage and guess what ? [:(][:(]

Yes, yes, I do understand that not everybody is in "lerve" with your little darlings!

And, by that I don't just mean dogs!  [:P]

It's like when somebody has a baby who is learning to feed itself....the mess it makes at table makes you quite want to throw up.  Then, you see the parent going, "and one for daddy/mummy and one for baby" and they even spoon up whatever mushy, puke-looking mess into their own mouths and then the baby's!!!

That's how it is:  you just don't realise the impact of your own habits or practices on others!

I have absolutely no excuse other than that OH just wouldn't have a holiday at all if we didn't take the dog.  And, in her defence, she is "toute petite" and is on her best behaviour when out.

We always choose a table in a corner, away from other people and you wouldn't know she's there the way she keeps out of the way under the table.

As far as I'm concerned, it beats 20 years of separate holidays when we had the cats![:D]

[quote user="sweet 17"]

It's like when somebody has a baby who is learning to feed itself....the mess it makes at table makes you quite want to throw up.  Then, you see the parent going, "and one for daddy/mummy and one for baby" and they even spoon up whatever mushy, puke-looking mess into their own mouths and then the baby's!!!

That's how it is:  you just don't realise the impact of your own habits or practices on others!

[/quote]You are making me feel sick by just describing this - one of my pet hates is being forced to watch kids eat.  I expect that the average teenager thinks that watching old people doing the same is pretty horrid too!

Like Leo's, our dogs always  went into kennels when Mr C and I were on holiday together.  The cats I never worried about as they are relatively simple for somebody else to feed and as we've had ten or more at some times in the past, catteries were a bit outside our price range!  If I couldn't afford to pay to have somebody to look after my animals for a couple of weeks a year when we're away together, then I don't think I'd have them.  Having said that, Sweets's little dog was perfectly behaved and I wouldn't hesitate to share a restaurant with her, or any other well-behaved animal for that matter.  Screeming brats on the other hand would send me running out of the door.[:)]

[quote user="cooperlola"] Screeming brats on the other hand would send me running out of the door.[:)][/quote]

Thanks for the replies and the debate it has started.

I was in an Estate Agents (UK) on Monday and at another desk was a couple with 2 kids. I say the other couple were at the desk but he kept going outsdie to make phone calls.

The kids ran riot - at one point they were swinging from the glass entrance door. One of the staff warned them that they could hurt their fingers. The parents did absolutely nothing. Pity whoever lives next door to them either now or in the future.

Now our dog, in a restaurant, will just lie down. Far preferable to the kids above.

Paul

I still smile fondly when I remember years ago a meal in a restaurant on our way down through France with our three small children. (ordered 3 of the 4 course menus in anticipation that there'd be something everyone wanted to eat in amongst that).

Little old couple came up to us and said that they just had to compliment us on the good behaviour of our children. Ahhh!

Keep them hungry and don't let them drink fizzy rubbish full of e-numbers - that's my mantra.

Both Sweet and Paul T brought their dogs to the Itchy Feet Tour, and you wouldn't have known either of them was there; they were excellently behaved. [:)]

I have no objections to dogs in restaurants provided they are well-behaved and cause no bother to other customers. However, a couple  bring their tiny dog along to our French conversation classes each week, and I hate the way they almost permanently stroke it and let them lick their hands etc. It climbs in and out of the bag they carry it in, sitting in their laps, and generally being made a fuss of. I'd hate to be near a dog and owners like that in a restaurant!  [:(]