Liber t telepeage doofer

robert

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi just an update my transponder has arrived from tolltickets, I did not need a french bank account and the only stipulation is that you have to specify your registration number of your car and the transponder is linked to it so it can`t be swopped to another vehicle until you register it with them.

Regards David.

[quote user="casa99"]the only stipulation is that you have to specify your registration number of your car and the transponder is linked to it so it can`t be swopped to another vehicle until you register it with them.[/quote]A safety precaution in case it goes missing in transit to you no doubt however it begs the question, how would they - or could they - know what vehicle it was being used in, are there secret ANPR cameras at every peage lane ?

LibertT told me I could use their doofer in any vehicle in fact they will supply a second holder foc. However on the application you specify a category of vehicle e.g. car or van, and a section of route to get discounts on. So if you have specified private car, you can use it in a motorhome but you won't get the discount.

• 2 months later...
I also have mine paid via Nationwide flex account, but the card I use expires in Feb 2011, they (SANEF) will either ask me for the number of my new card or say only a French bank account is now acceptable. If I can still use an English card it will be a Nationwide credit card, if  I have to use the French account I'll go to Alis.

Will keep you informed when I get notification.

Steve

[quote user="Pierre ZFP"]I can't unnderstand why SANEF make it so difficult and expensive to have a badge when Alis can manage so easily.
[/quote]Odd isn't it?  However, since the majority of the ALIS payages seem to be unmanned, then I guess it is in their interests to "sell" the badges. 

• 1 month later...
[quote user="Department71"]I also have mine paid via Nationwide flex account, but the card I use expires in Feb 2011, they (SANEF) will either ask me for the number of my new card or say only a French bank account is now acceptable. If I can still use an English card it will be a Nationwide credit card, if  I have to use the French account I'll go to Alis.

Will keep you informed when I get notification.

Steve

[/quote]

UPDATE Feb 2011

Well received a letter from Sanef saying our Nationwide card will soon expire and can we complete the enclosed form and return to them. They were asking for our new credit card number, date it expired and name on card (usual stuff) this we did and sent it off  to them, we used a Nationwide credit card this time as the debit card now attracts fees. We also e-mailed the details direct to Sanef with a question of how long these doofers last. Today we have received a nice e-mail saying our details have been updated on their system. Doubt if they have received the letter yet. So they do still accept UK cards. Copy of e-mail below that we received

Steve.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Bonjour Madame ****

Nous accusons réception de votre demande

et nous vous en remercions.

Nous vous confirmons que nous avons bien

enregistré le nouveau numéro de votre carte bancaire.

Votre badge a une durée de vie comprise

entre 5 et 6 ans. Pour vous permettre

de continuer à bénéficier des avantages du télépéage Liber-t, vous avez la

possibilité de passer en agence commerciale ou nous pouvons vous adresser un

badge de remplacement par voie postale. Un nouveau dépôt de garantie sera

prélevé sur votre compte bancaire et remboursé à réception du badge défectueux.

Merci de nous

confirmer votre accord ainsi que votre adresse en répondant à cet e-mail ou en

nous contactant au 09.708.08.709 si vous souhaitez un échange par

correspondance.

Nous restons à votre disposition pour tout renseignement

complémentaire.

Cordialement.

Karine .

Chargée de

clientèle

Groupe

Sanef/Sapn

09 708 08 709 Choix 1

puis 1

De l'étranger :

+33 9 708 08 709

[quote user="Pierre ZFP"]I can't unnderstand why SANEF make it so difficult and expensive to have a badge when Alis can manage so easily.
[/quote]When you think that it's probably no more than a near immeasurable fraction of SANEF customers who use their Doofah but are not French resident with a French bank account why would they need to make special arrangements for them. The odd few they might lose to other operators won't even register.

Remember, they make their money from the tolls regardless of how you pay and all they get from Doofah customers is €2/mth - and only in the months you use it to boot.

[quote user="AnOther"]

all they get from Doofah customers is €2/mth - and only in the months you use it to boot.

[/quote]

Actually that is not quite true.  What they get is the opportunity to downsize their workforce as a greater and greater percentage of users switch to automated tolls - doofer and card payment lanes.  As such the doofer is still a small percentage judging by the number of lanes and queues - although that in itself is not a good measure.

• 1 month later...
[quote user="Frecossais"]It's a wonder anyone uses them at all, all the hassle they give us.[/quote]If 'us' refers to UK based occasional visitors then their numbers probably not even register in the customer statistics so why should they bother to make special payment arrangements for such a tiny minority ?

What arrangements do think might be in place for regular French visitors to UK to subscribe to a Dartford crossing 'Dart Tag' paying for it from a French bank A/C ?

[quote user="AnOther"]

What arrangements do think might be in place for regular French visitors to UK to subscribe to a Dartford crossing 'Dart Tag' paying for it from a French bank A/C ?[/quote]

None whatsoever, as the French probably have more sense to even contemplate crossing with or without a tag!

AnOther, I haven't got any problem with whatever decision Liber-T take about accepting or rejecting payment from British banks, I just meant I wish they would be consistent in what they do. A read of the posts on here shows that they're not.

And I hardly think your comparison with the Dartford crossing is comparing like with like. The Liber-T doofer is used all over the whole country, and while the number of British people using it might be a smallish percentage, the company seems to have accepted their methods of payment - in some cases.