Cheap travel insurance

WoodE

Have you got your EHIC?

For private cover it will depend on age and health as to how cheaply you can get it. The Post Office do it as do many companies, but if you are over 80 for example then it will all be quite different and a lot more expensive.

According to ‘Which’ do not buy travel insurance from a high street travel agent.

From my experience, they are all poor at paying out reasonable claims.

Sorry I cannot recommend one, but do please check the small print, there are some ridiculous conditions on some policies.

Enjoy your visit.

Hi

We buy an annual policy from Direct Travel which, even adding £30 for my husband's pre-existing condition of angina costs £100. This is for any single trip of 45 days and because we are in France this time for 10weeks we had to pay £90 for an extension. Thought this was dear when we got the quote but changed our minds when Saga wanted £261 for the extension period as a single trip policy.

Until recently I used flexicover.co.uk

I think they are part of the AXA group but travel insurance was much cheaper through them than Axa for some reason.

However, I am no longer able to use them as I'm not resident in the UK.  Why and when they changed the rules I don't know.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote user="brianagain"]We've recently changed to EHICplus - which adds extras (get you home, etc.) to the cover given by the EHIC and also caters for existing medical conditions at extra cost.

Brian (again)
[/quote] Thank you for posting Brian .... I have saved a link to them... I note the length of time they give for "Seniors " per trip is very good on the Multi Trip cover . Better than I have got now and cheaper !

Gave up on UK insurance in the end - either they did not insure anyone over 80 or you had to live in the UK.

Managed to get my parents 2 weeks cover with a French company (top cover Level 3) for just 54 euros - it was easy and excellent.

Thanks for all the help to eveyrone though.

[quote user="brianagain"]We've recently changed to EHICplus - which adds extras (get you home, etc.) to the cover given by the EHIC and also caters for existing medical conditions at extra cost.

Brian (again)

[/quote]

Thought I would give them a try on their website, gave them all my details and medical history ( but not proper name and address) but DOB was correct, I am a male under retiremant age, had a heart attack 2 stents no problems. Diabetics on tablets only. No other problems.

They refused to quote me, extra cost was not even mentioned.

• 5 months later...
There are several travel insurance companies online which are providing different insurance policies according to their customers needs so I would recommend that before getting any travel insurance from any insurer you should compare all related terms and condition of a policy with different-different insurer and select one which suite you according to your needs.