Youngsters flying unaccompanied

suej

I'm sure I've read something about this recently but I can't trace it so I'd be grateful if someone could advise me...

Our 15 year old grandson and 16  old friend are flying  Manchester to Nantes at the end of next week. Both Mums seem to have got everything organized but I am just wondering if at that age the boys will need to carry something like a signed parental permission note.

Has anyone any info please?

[quote user="suej"]

I'm sure I've read something about this recently but I can't trace it so I'd be grateful if someone could advise me...

Our 15 year old grandson and 16  old friend are flying  Manchester to Nantes at the end of next week. Both Mums seem to have got everything organized but I am just wondering if at that age the boys will need to carry something like a signed parental permission note.

Has anyone any info please?

[/quote]

There are regulations but best check with the airline concerned; they may have their own ‘add on’ rules.

From the Flybe website

"Unless travelling with an adult of at least 16 years of age children are carried under the  Unaccompanied Minor Scheme on Flybe flights...

...if in doubt please contact the Flybe call centre for advice on 0871 700 2000 (or 00 44 1392 268529 ..."

Brian (again)