City Jet

Scooter

One of my guests told me about City Jet. They are flying from London City Airport to Pau and are really cheap.

Unfortunately the times and dates are not good for me but anyone having to go to London should take a look eg 26 Dec and 2 Jan £75 return including taxes etc.

Bargain!

I am not sure it is meant to be a year round service, but primarily aimed at City workers with holiday homes in France, with flights only during main holiday periods. I read that it is an experiment, utilising aircraft during quiet holiday periods, normally used on business routes.

If they are having to sell return flights for £75, it clearly is not doing well and as Cityjet is not a low cost carrier and London City is not a tourist airport, these flights are vulnerable.

City Jet were a small (Belgium?) outfit called VLM.  In fairly rapid succession, and coats of paint on their fleet of little Fockers, they were bought out by KLM and then Air France.

When they were VLM the costs of flights to/from Luxenbourg - London City were very reasonable.  Alas this is no longer the case [:(]

Actually Cityjet were a small Irish airline, started in Dublin, and have always been called Cityjet. They were bought in 2000 by Air France, who became Air France KLM. In 2007 Air France KLM bought VLM and combined their fleet into Cityjet's, under the one company name (Cityjet).

http://www.cityjet.com/about-us/history/