Journey passing near Kent and La Sarthe

cooperlola

As I had to cancel my hols in the UK, I was unable to pick up a load of stuff which I had had sent to my friend in Kent.  Consequently it languishes in his barn and I now find that there are one or two things I could really do with.

I know it's a longshot at this time of year but if anybody is making a journey which goes near the Weald of Kent over there and La Sarthe over 'ere, would they have any space for some of my contraband (mostly small bits and pieces ordered from Amazon merchants who don't deliver here)?  Paul will happily drive a few miles to rendezvous on the other side of the pond (if I tell him to!) and we can come to a motorway junction/service area this end also.

If you can help at all, please pm me.  I'm happy to contribute towards some costs if there's extra effort and expense involved.[:)]

The biggest item is a cake box of 100 blank DVDs, to give you an idea.  Nothing big and I can just get Paul to gather the stuff I really need to fit in whatever space you can spare.  But in effect it's DVDs, books, and a few odds s*ds of the same rough dimensions.  Don't go out of your way but that would be really kind and helpful if you could help, Anton.[:)]

I kind of knew you chaps would come up trumps. [kiss][kiss]

I will respond to your private mails asap and let you know exactly where we are and how far we can come for pick-ups etc so that I cause the least inconvenience to whomever is the best place geographically and route wise.

You are all too  kind.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks a million once again to Anton, whom Mr C and I met yesterday in a service area near Gacé.  Great to meet you and Mrs R (sorry we didn't have longer to chat) and thanks once again so very much for your kindness.  This forum is full of the kindest people and not for the first time, has done wonders for my faith in the human race.

[kiss]