12 Hours in immigration at Heatrow next Wednesday !

Frederick

This sounds like bad news ...and given the recent position of the Home Secretary  over controls being relaxed  not much hope of a rush through for obvious UK passport holders I imagine .

http://news.sky.com/home/politics/article/16117462

Also looks like many will have to take their kids to work with them . I have even had a phone call as an NHS  volunteer requesting me to be available Wendesday .... thats a first !   

Civil servants have been approached to help man the borders next

Wednesday when up to 18,000 immigration officials are expected to take

part in a public sector walkout.

The above has been lifted from the article Frederick quotes.

Listening to a more balanced report on BBC this morning (anything is more balanced than a Sky report) Middle Management within the Borders Agency are trained to sit "out front" and process arrivals. They have declined to do so on this accasion due to moans which they themselves have which they feel are not being addressed. What a smashing day to bring this one to a head.

So to all of you out there who are going to be inconvenienced next Wednesday, "up yours".

Perhaps Heathrow immigration delays will not be bad after all ... Today its reported that the Intelligence Corps together with the Military Police some flown in from Germany are being rush trained to man the desks ... Police Officers already working with the Border Agency will be on the desks also .

[quote user="Frederick"]

This sounds like bad news ...[/quote]

Sorry this isn't news, because it hasn't happened. It's speculation, can't be enough bad news around at the moment.

Get some checkout staff from poundland to do it, you only have to wave a passport in front of a bar code scanner........and they get a pension for that [:-))]