Parking costs at Bordeaux airport

mint

Sweet, It's been a while since I used Bordeaux car parking but I found that on certain weekdays it could be quite full. I'd advise allowing some extra time to get parked up and walk to the terminal. Looking at the plan of the link Idun sent, the area I used for stays of 4 or 5 days was always P2, but I see that there is a remote park now P4 with a "navette" (every 20mins) which may be worth using. There's usually been a guy on patrol when it's busy and he sometimes encourages you to park on the end of a row in odd positions; this looks OK until you return and find all the other cars have gone and yours is left looking as though it was abandoned! [:D] I don't like to leave my car in vulnerable positions, on corners etc.

The entrance to P2 (recommended) is on the left before you get to the terminal itself; if you miss it you have to go all the way round the one-way loop again. Make a note of where you left your car; I spent 20 mins trying to find mine on one trip, convinced it had been stolen!! I generally try to get near one of the big lamposts for an easy landmark.

On your return you can pay at the machines in the terminal or use a bank card at the exit barrier.

Bon voyage!

Sid, you wonderful person, thank you for all the tips and info which I will copy down and pass on to OH because he's the one who is going.

I stay with the dog and get some peace and quiet and get to cook all my favourite foods and eat bars of milk chocolate with noix entières without someone asking for a piece (well, the dog might but she doesn't get chocolate).

Wonder if I could persuade him to make it a longer stay?

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from Bdx airport (Parking #4) and paid €60 for eight days when it is marked on the fiche that eight days = €35.  Apparently day one is the day you arrive (even at 23.55)and being  blonde, I thought that one day was a 24hr period[Www]  The price of €35 is for eight days and three hours although it's not marked anywhere. Aller retour to Geneva €43 and parking €60.

Blimey, that does sound unfair! I didn't fully grasp how long you stayed for, was it 8 days (ie 8 x 24hours) ....or less ? Or did you just overrun the 8 days by an hour or two, and that's what cost you the extra 25€ over the 8 day rate of 35€ ?  I agree with your interpretation, even though I'm not blonde [blink], as the first day is charged in hourly increments.

Sorry to hear about your experience, and it's something to bear in mind. How about complaining to the airport? You'd find out how wonderful their customer service department is! [6]

[quote user="BJSLIV"]Apparently day one is the day you arrive.

I guess that's why they give you 8 days for the first week at 35 Euros, then 25 euros per week after that.[/quote]

It's the 25€ per week - or any part of the week, however short - that is the killer.

Sue

So, to get the benefit of the €25/week rate after the eight days, then I should have stayed in the east until Wednesday - that way I could perhaps convince myself that it was a good deal[Www]  However, when I arrived on the 21st December, the #4 car park was full and I was redirected to #2 and had to present my ticket to the Car Parks Office who gave me a chit and informed me that I'd get the #4 rate on return.  In my malheur there was a little bonheur.....

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies for not giving any feedback though I think I managed to thank most people.  I was busy with all the usual stuff that we normally share between us.

My least favourite of OH's chores that came to me to do was filling up the pétrole cans for the poêles à pétrole as I kept spilling the smelly stuff and being "dog poo monitor" which entails walking all round the garden with short spade in hand, looking for and disposing of what comes out of the back end of the dog.

Yes, I gather that all went well but he paid with the credit card and the transaction hasn't as yet appeared.  But I guess that it will be 35 euros.

OTOH, he managed to confuse the cards and used the CREDIT card to get money out of the ATM![+o(]  Looks like no amount of priming and pre-trip instructions has done any good, so the next time, I will PRINT out all instructions on a piece of paper and instruct him to keep it in his wallet with his cards.

Then, I suppose he'll say he lost his glasses and some such and can't read the instructions!

Still, I'm just glad he's managed to find his way home safe and sound....[:D]

[quote user="sweet 17"]

OTOH, he managed to confuse the cards and used the CREDIT card to get money out of the ATM![+o(]  Looks like no amount of priming and pre-trip instructions has done any good, so the next time, I will PRINT out all instructions on a piece of paper and instruct him to keep it in his wallet with his cards.

Then, I suppose he'll say he lost his glasses and some such and can't read the instructions!

[/quote]

I did that in November by mistake because we were almost exclusively using the credit card for everything else. OH tried to limit the damage by sending them an e-mail asking them to take the payment out of our account immediately, but they did not and we were stung for both a fee and daily interest.

However, OH (he's very canny) rang them up for an explanation, couldn't understand the person on the helpline, so asked to have a supervisor ring him. Well one did, and after a lengthy conversation, both charges were removed from our account. Must be his charm!