French ID card problem

We have organised a trip to Scotland for some village residents, not everything has gone smoothly however! The biggest problem is that one of the ladies applied for a new ID card at the start of March and has not yet received the new one. The mairie haven't been an awful lot of help, they sent the application to the sub-prefecture, who then sent it to the prefecture, who now apparently have sent it to Paris. I had thought that they were issued by the sub-prefecture, indeed those that I have seen were issued there, but now, apparently they're all sent out from Paris.

My question is this - what happens if it doesn't arrive before we leave on Wednesday? can this lady travel with an attestation? She doesn't have a passport.

Thanks

FairyNuff

PS It's RyanAir!!!!!!!!!!!

A few years ago Fr. friends of ours were coming to U.K. to stay with us. The husband found that his ID card was out of date. No time to get a new one so he went to the Gendarmerie and reported it as stolen! He was given a piece of paper by them (not sure what it said but I guess it had an official stamp[;-)]) and he travelled by train and Eurostar without any problem.

As for travelling with Ryanair ........................well that might be a whole different ball game.[blink]

Bonne chance

Police issued documents are no longer valid for international air transportation. Current ID card or Passeport only, for French citizens. No drivers licences, no military ID card, no Livre de Famille.

As it stands at the moment, she simply can't go. Thems the international rules. Nothing Ryanair can do.

[quote user="breizh"]

Police issued documents are no longer valid for international air transportation. Current ID card or Passeport only, for French citizens. No drivers licences, no military ID card, no Livre de Famille.

As it stands at the moment, she simply can't go. Thems the international rules. Nothing Ryanair can do.

[/quote]

Sorry, I worded it badly - what I should have said is - can she still travel with her old card, and an attestation that they've actually LOST her dossier!?

FairyNuff

PS Thanks for the responses so far.