P & O ferries

sueyh

We travelled over to Dover from Calais last Saturday morning on the ferry.  I was sitting in the self service restaurant, surrounded by people eating their "full english".  When they had finished I was astounded to see, what I can only describe as "Eastern European" looking people, helping themselves to the leftovers.  There were about six of them and they went through the restaurant like a plague of locusts, devouring any food that had been left on plates by other travellers, even leaning over the travellers to get at it!!

Suey

[quote user="Frederick"]A   re-cycling  team  I suppose !
[/quote][:)]

Better than chucking it in the bin.

Every year when we break camp after LM, a team of travellers appears as if by magic to look through all the stuff (and there is loads of it) left behind by the - mainly British - campers.  I always separate out anything I think might be useful (food and kit) that I don't want any more and give it to them when they go by.  For others it seems to be a mission to prevent them from getting hold of anything - to the extent that some even burn things they don't have room for in their cars or no longer want, or othewise make it unuseable (I will not go into detail, but the methods are often unpleasant.)  Always seems a terrible waste to me.