Dunkirk to Morlaix

Georgina

Talk about leaving it a bit late in the day! The Friday just before Crimbo is (to say the least) getting a bit booked up!!

Dunkirk - Morlaix via Paris, 12.32, duration 7 hrs or so.  €120-ish I think.

You need to get yourself to an SNCF 'boutique' at one of the stations or major towns and get them to sort you out. Don't hang about though.

Ugh night in one of those seats like sleeping on the railway line.  Why on earth they made those seats so uncomfortable I will never know. and that new boat too.

Anyway the prices quoted on that website above were different, more selection, and cheaper at the station. Interesting??

Right ................ so I know that you've moaned umpteen times about Brittany Ferries (and airlines) not providing a service to your door.  Well, actually BF do and on the date that you want.  Bookable for months, but cabins are no longer available, so now at this late stage, you're faced with a 'reclining seat'.  If booked in reasonable time, you'd have got the trip for less than €100 incl a cabin.

Alternative ............. a tortuous train journey via Paris (there's no alternative) at whatever price. Doubt that it'll be much less than €100 for just the train - add on the ferry (unless whoever is going to swim!) and you'll be up around €130-ish and a ****** journey to boot.

I'll put this bluntly - you need to get your act together, otherwise folk like me won't bother to offer advice. Your problem was totally avoidable with just a little bit of pre-planning. As it is now, you're up the creek.  

How about seeking a car share ? I don't have any contacts but I do know it has been mentioned before on this forum.

Brittany Ferries would be my choice but then it depends where you are starting out in the U.K. Perhaps the Dunkirk crossing was the most convenient from the English end.[8-)]

My girl and her boyfriend are coming for new year for four days - train return fares for two Frome/Plymouth and foot passengers return Plym/Roscoff with two seats all under £160. Can't moan for that considering the cost of running a ship that distance and paying the wages to BF staff. They have also got a room booked in a Premier Inn for £39 on the return leg because the sailing time has been changed to later in the day meaning their train connection would be missed.

Dunquerque to Morlaix - madness I think when there are so many crossings from here in Morlaix region before you get right up to there which is almost Belgium. Whats wrong with LD or Condor ship crossings from Ports/Cherbourg? Even the tunnel??

Personally I would be very wary about travelling at the moment with the mood of the unions just about everywhere and all the lightening strikes, the OP ought to make sure she knows of possible  hotels etc en route just in case.

There is car sharing from Paris to Morlaix, my neighbour's children use it a lot but you have to take pot luck and who you go with and at what time, they have had to arrive here at 3am before now as its a six hour drive to Paris.