Brittany Ferries - Club Voyage?

Richard

[quote user="Frederick"]I need to get to the house  to open up and air it  about lunch time as we put the mattresses outside in the (hopefully ) warm  air . The house is usually  like a fridge having had no heating through the winter

I have noticed DFDS  2300 ex Portsmouth gets in La Havre 0800  and will take us with a 4 berth cabin for £95.88  so have booked a date in March 
I am yet  to decide when I will come back but if I decide to return  up to the end of  April on the evening crossing its £39 for 2 with car  if I book before 16th March ... I have never used the DFDS  ship   B F could not get me anywhere near that price even with the club membership  for this trip    What's the DFDS ship like ?   

For those who have not seen it ....here is the offer
 http://www.dfdsseaways.co.uk/ferry-offers-and-deals/ferry-to-france-offers/western-channel-offer/?src=hp
[/quote]Looking at the website in your link the Portsmouth - Le Havre is the LD line service that has been around for sometime. Only used it once during the BF strike last autumn so the boat was very crowded with a lot of freight vehicles. We had to wait over an hour before we were able to disembark.

Thanks for that Rabbie  I am not expecting this  crossing to be very crowded    Unless the offer draws them in of course .   I have used the LD lines ship in the past ... The ticket print out  I got shows DFDS so I assume the ship is one of theirs . I have never been on it so have no idea  if they are old  or new or clean  or if the food is OK  or how big the car decks are  .. You cant tell much from the web site  pictures of a bar and cabin but it looks OK    The ticket has no ships name on to go by .  I wont  be happy if we get an hours wait to get off  !

I suspect the crowding was due to the BF strike. The poblem with disembarking was that we were on a car deck deep in the bowels of the boat so we had to wait until all the lorries on the deck above had got off. It was much better on the return trip when we were on a much higher deck.

The website suggests it's the same boat as we used.

As Rabbie has said they are still using the same ship that LD Lines used.

It's currently the one with a long corridor , semi-open or even outside car decks, and a tiny duty free shop.(Norman Voyager)

The one's that causes real problems with unloading are the twins that normally operate between Newhaven and Dieppe (Alabatre and Seven Sisters). Though there have been rumours that one or other of them may return to the Portsmouth route in the near future, as Voyager may be neede to reinforce the Brittany top Spain route that is still belongs to LD Lines .