WRONG BUS TIMETABLE LED TO MISSING TRAIN AND BUYING ADDITIONAL TICKETS

Danglar

Hello all.

I went by timetable shown at the bus stop and ended up missing the bus by 10 minutesAngry [:@]. This  meant that the train tickets  I had bought on the internet and prepaid for were lost. I  used my car to get to the village train station but I  had to buy two new tickets at a cost of 42 euros.Woot! [:-))]

Do I have grounds  for compensationConfused [8-)] ?

Season Greetings to all the forum members !

Smile [:)]

The french consumer association  produces a letter sample for requesting compensation from the SNCF in cases where they fail delivering their service. So why not in case of a coach company ? They failed to update the public information  WHERE it matters, i.e. at their service stops. In my eye this is a serious failure where their service is so infrequent c that the next coach or bus only runs at 4-6 hours intervals.

Thinking to be able to excercise  one's ouwn  rights is not a joke , though some  of those people running public services  may think so.

[quote user="Danglar"]

The french consumer association  produces a letter sample for requesting compensation from the SNCF in cases where they fail delivering their service. So why not in case of a coach company ? They failed to update the public information  WHERE it matters, i.e. at their service stops. In my eye this is a serious failure where their service is so infrequent c that the next coach or bus only runs at 4-6 hours intervals.

Thinking to be able to excercise  one's ouwn  rights is not a joke , though some  of those people running public services  may think so.

[/quote]

Danglar

It's worth a try, the bus company may well not answer or say no to a refund but at least you will have tried.

Bon courage

I would hve thought that there are very few people in France, let alone on this forum, who are familiar with the intricacies of the French transport system's t & cs - after all, many of us live in places where there are no buses or coaches so therefore would not know where to start with such an enquiry.

I would suggest that the OP needs to approach the bus company or a lawyer because asking such a question on here will not get a definitive answer, almost certainly just opinions.

I cant believe I just read that.

If the bus had been delayed by ten minutes wih you on board, you would still have missed your train. Would you have claimed compensation in that case?

Put it down to experience, and next time dont leave such a fine window between connections on a journey.

Personally, I cant abide the whole "compensation culture" that started in america and is rife throughout uk now. I just hope this sort of thing doesnt spread to France any time soon.