Carcassonne/Dusseldorf?

Jonzjob

It looks as if I have got my proverbial knikkerz in a knott? The flights are Beziers - Düsseldorf and they don't appear to run in April when I need the flight.

The situation is that we have to get to Cologne to meet up with my sister. She is coming over from Aussie and we will be spending a couple of daze there.

Any ideas please of the best route to take, starting from here in Carcassonne.

Looks like you could be out of luck

Best I could find was Toulouse / Dusseldorf but with a stopover at CDG for €180 (I just plugged in random dates in April)

http://www.skyscanner.de/fluge/tls/duss/140412/140419/flugpreise-von-toulouse-nach-d%c3%bcsseldorf-im-april-2014.html

or you could go Carcassonne/Munich for €83 and have a 600Km drive !!

Actually it's only 1135Km to drive the whole way, you could do it in around 10 hours

EDIT:  Or Barcelona / Dusseldorf direct is only €132 return

It would appear that the new schedule isn't out yet. We will stick our heads in at the airport this week and ask.

SWMBO had the bright idea of looking at the flight times for now. The D/dorf flights are only Sat and Thurs but the Brussels are 6 daze, not Monday, so that could be the answer.

I'm wondering just what I have let myself in for here [:-))]

It would appear that the new schedule isn't out yet. We will stick our heads in at the airport this week and ask.

SWMBO had the bright idea of looking at the flight times for now. The D/dorf flights are only Sat and Thurs but the Brussels are 6 daze, not Monday, so that could be the answer.

I'm wondering just what I have let myself in for here [:-))]

From my own experience (commuting Germany to Lyon for 3+ years) you could try alternatives to the LoCos and look at Lufthansa (or maybe AirFrance).  I found Toulouse to Duesseldorf at 148€ return for random dates in April.  No direct flights so change at Munich or Frankfurt, but still a good price.

Oh and that is the proper Duesseldorf on the main line to Cologne, not the Duesseldorf that is 80km away and nearer to Arnhem and with only bus connections

[quote user="andyh4"]

look at Lufthansa.[/quote]

Found a much better (cheaper and much more amenable) deal for my daughter last month using Lufthansa from Birmingham-Nuremburg via Frankfurt than Stansted direct using Ryanair.

[quote user="andyh4"]...not the Duesseldorf that is 80km away and nearer to Arnhem and with only bus connections... [/quote]

Used to be RAF Laarbruch and a Buccaneer base when I knew it back in the late 1970s

Brian (again)

Thank you for that info Andy. When I looked at the 'main line' airlines I found that next April the flight would take me anywhere up to 11 hours and the least was just over 5 hours. I could actually drive there in about 10 hours.

I will have a look at the Ryanair times when they come out at Salvasa, Carcassonne.

One of the good jobbies I found was a nice 2000€ each from Toulouse. Good value for money perhaps because they took just over 8 hours [8-)] But it was with Air France [:D]

For that I would hire a car with a very posh driver me-thinks [kiss]

Carcassonne - Charleroi ????

Same problem as the other Ryanair routes though - it appears in the timetable, but no flts showing yet.

If it was me though, I'd take the TGV up to Paris, have a night there and continue by Thalys to the Ruhr.  Civilised.

[quote user="Jonzjob"]Thank you for that info Andy. When I looked at the 'main line' airlines I found that next April the flight would take me anywhere up to 11 hours and the least was just over 5 hours. I could actually drive there in about 10 hours.

I will have a look at the Ryanair times when they come out at Salvasa, Carcassonne.

One of the good jobbies I found was a nice 2000€ each from Toulouse. Good value for money perhaps because they took just over 8 hours [8-)] But it was with Air France [:D]

For that I would hire a car with a very posh driver me-thinks [kiss]
[/quote]

Suggest you look again John - Toulouse Duesseldorf 4 hours 48 minutes; return is 12 minutes quicker - 145€56 round trip.

The web site could not give me any connections with over 5 hours total travel time. 

Incidentally I do know about some of the fares on the website.  I tried Lyon Glasgow with LH once - GBP 1100 !! via Frankfurt and Copenhagen - and that was the cheapest connection!!!!