Any ideas for overnight stay whilst travelling?

DBUD

Good afternoon everyone,

We are driving from Calais to 24540 Biron on Friday evening and are looking for an overnight stop somewhere in between.

We would like to check in at around 2AM in the morning and depart by 9AM , we are a family of five, 2 adults and 3 children, would anyone have any ideas of where we would be able to stay?

Any help possible would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Darren

I think it's possible to check in at 2am in an F1 hotel. I've never used the chain myself but from what I'm told the check-in procedure is fully automated, breakfast is all prepacked, etc. But I would suggest looking on Tripadvisor before you choose and book - I've heard from several people that they do what they say on the tin, clean and adequate and good value for money, but I've heard from someone else that the experience was dreadful, rooms were scruffy, there were druggies in the corridors and guests playing loud music all night (that was in Paris, so maybe a one off).

http://www.hotelf1.com/fr/home/index.shtml

There may be other budget chains that operate on the same principle.

Yes F1 is a possibility. We stayed a few times at the one in St. Malo (some years ago) and it delivered as promised. Six digit code for the room which is vital to remember and get right should you need to get up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night.[:$]

I have heard of bad experiences at F1, with local "working" girls giving out their room code and their customers checking in and out all night long.[;-)]

I stayed in another chain hotel in Beaune once where check-in was totally automated but can't remember the name of that hotel chain

Have used both B&B and F1 (several times) well after Reception closed and always succeeded in gaining entry, despite the usual brain fogginess late at night after a long trip.

Regarding the "working girls" comment, I suppose it depends on the area but F1 seem meticulous in asking for feedback and I would be surprised if the customer service management ignored any such reports.