Driving a clients car to france

Does anyone consider there is a business opportunity or a customer need for to drive their car to France instead of driving themselves.

I know car transporters are readily available out there but I was considering setting up a business to actually drive the customers car for them so they could take a flight instead.

I would set a lower rate than the transporters because of the wear and tear on their own transport.

Does anyone out there consider if this would be worth it or not or maybe it is being done already, I know in the states it is quite common for someone to drive your car long distances.

Many Thanks

[quote user="Biscuitman"]I know in the states it is quite common for someone to drive your car long distances[/quote]

Our son has often driven other people's cars for very long distances in the USA, but he didn't get paid to do so. His best trip was delivering a very comfortable Winnebago camper from New York to Los Angeles.

People who don't want to drive their cars a long way register them with an agency, who then find drivers, making appropriate checks on their trustworthiness - often taking their credit card details.

The driver then pays for petrol, but gets to use the vehicle free of charge for their trip.

I am not sure where you'd find your clients, biscuitman.

For example, how would people know about your services?  Where would you advertise them?

You'd know, of course, that people can use the train to carry their car for them (I haven't looked into this as it's of no interest to me).

Would there be enough demand to enable you to earn a living?  Or will you be doing it as a sort of sideline or hobby?

[quote user="mint"] ......

You'd know, of course, that people can use the train to carry their car for them (I haven't looked into this as it's of no interest to me).

[/quote]

The train routes taking cars are very few and far between (I've used one when going from the UK to Italy), so I wouldn't regard that as serious competition, particularly if the OP planned to deliver the car to the airport or the owner's home.