travelling via eurotunnel

jacko19

Just seen a video of trucks and cars being attacked on the autoroute coming into the Eurotunnel area . I am currently travelling that route on Sunday night. Who would I contact for a status report on the safety? I would guess Eurotunnel would say 'no problem'.Bearing in mind the original purposes of the forum and the current political situation would this be a good place to exchange current REAL experiences?

How old is the video? What's the source? Google brings back nothing more recent than 2015.

I have just seen a video of "immigrants" stopping traffic and burning tyres on the Périphérique. That turned out to be a video of taxi drivers protesting against the Uber app.

The video you are most likely referring to was right beside "the jungle" adjacent to the ferry port, its on a section of rocade that you will not take to get to Eurotunnel no matter what direction you come from.

They have in the past gathered there but its a long walk for those that have this far had free train travel, the gendarmes are no longer running a complimentary minibus to bring them back to the camp and there have been no lights on the rocade for over a year.

The tunnel staff and ferry operators are usually the last to know, I arrived bang smack in the middle of the largest rassemblement, where you saw maybe 50 or a 100 migrants on the video there were tens of thousands, no exaggeration, in the exact same place you could not see the ground for bodies, 4 gendarmes from one vehicle were looking on hopelessly, I got turned around at the ferry booth and chose to be re-routed via Dunkerque, when I arrived there, less than a 20 minute drive they were all asking me what was going on because their colleagues at Calais had no idea.

David Cameron arrived by plane less than 1km from me and his convoy passed my property going to the Thiepval mémorial and then to the meeting with Hollande in Amiens, its a good bet that he wont be returning via Calais [:P]

He was here to discuss the Calais situation and the Brexit but I bet he didnt go there to see for himself.

I travelled via the a tunnel today from Calais. I turned up a bit early for my 16h50 booking, in case I was going to meet the security delays that followed the Bataclan attacks last time I travelled that way, in November. No queue at check-in, and I was offered the 16h20 crossing. No sign of any rioting migrants (I had approached the Tunnel from the south, so did not have to pass the "Jungle" area).

I did make a point of booking a crossing before nightfall, just in case there were still problems after dark, but honestly there was no sign of anything untoward.

Angela