Ferry and tunnel disruption Monday

woolybanana

The people of Calais are forming a human chain to stop traffic to the ferries on Monday, whilst the truckies are organizing an operation 'escargot' on the roads north and south of the ferry and tunnel access roads and on the motorways around.

Anyone travelling that way should either replan or expect long delays. Diversions will be signposted but how long before they too are closed down by the strikers.

Time a regiment of decent troops were employed to get a bit of order there, and to supervise the suggested dispersal of the illegals to camps throughout France.

The UK will build it/pay for it.

Seemingly the fence that the UK erected at great cost isn’t good enough so now it needs an ugly concrete wall as well.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3776897/Britain-build-Great-Wall-Calais-Taxpayers-pay-2million-13ft-high-one-mile-long-concrete-barrier-migrants-out.html

Something is not right here, having seen the existing high security razor wire fence which is in fact 2 fences with a walkway inbetween for the armed patrols and guard dogs there is no way in my opinion that anyone but the most desperate of prisoners could get through one of them let alone two and as for dragging a tree with them, – no way.

Either this wall is needed further inland to extend the already impressive protections around the jungle camp or the truth behind the recent attacks is as I have said, the GIGN and Gendarmerie which had the whole area swamped when I last traavelled have been deployed elsewhere to protect churches, mosques, public gatherings or perhaps more simply just took their regular holidays in June and July.

When I last drove through there was no way that even a mouse could have got onto the A16.

So they will just move further down the road to where the wall ends to cause disruption.

Do not see why the UK cannot send them back to France telling them that they needed to apply for asylum in the first safe country that they came to, not in the one where they will get most dosh.