Sharing Eurotunnel Frequent Traveller deal

Not sure if this has been aired on the Forum before but I thought I would give it a go.

I have taken advantage of the tunnel Frequent Traveller deal for the past few years, saving hundreds of pounds over the standard fare, especially if maximum use is made of the tickets which expire after 365 days. A friend who normally visits another part of France twice a year has been happy to be my nominated co-holder and paid for 4 singles, leaving me with 6 tickets for my 3 return trips. However, he can't make it this coming year so I was wondering if a forum member who uses the tunnel might be interested in going in with me. I will need to book shortly as I will be travelling early in July so the co-holder would have to think in terms of using his/her tickets between July 2018 and June 2019. The tickets work out at £46 each way, covering car, van, etc plus passengers. See https://www.eurotunnel.com/uk/tickets/types/frequent-traveller/

Let me know if interested. The details can be sorted out through PMs.

[quote user="Théière"]
After discussion, it has been decided that the shorter drive from Dieppe is more favorable and Mrs T gets her 20% discount next year, as I am her toyboy, I have to wait a bit longer. [:D]Thanks for asking though, most thoughtful.

[/quote]

Could please you explain the 20 percent discount?

Good result about the sharing. I did not respond because the shuttle is not as convenient for us as the long ferry route. We would use all ten tickets ourselves if we were nearer to the tunnel. I like their system.

Alistair

• 5 months later...