Crossing Spanish Border

danny

Ken, there are restrictions, they are just not being controlled all of the time. A bit like speed limits.

It can be danced around as much as you and others wish but the question was "can someone cross into Spain without being tested or prevented. The answer is there are no rules or regulations stopping someone from crossing the frontier. Some formalities may be required in Spain but that doesn't mean you can't cross. Alluding to speed limits or being p-issed or anything else in ridiculous. You can. cross unhindered!!

It says "un certificat ou un document justifiant de leur vaccination contre la

Covid-19, un certificat négatif de test de dépistage d'infection active

ou un certificat d'immunité après guérison de cette maladie", which I take, because of the use of the comma, to mean any one of the items.

I'm sure someone with a better knowledge of French grammar will be along to correct me if necessary [:)]

Indeed, Mint, but I have been getting this info from several sources, and it is not at all evident - yet - from any of them.  I would have thought that a vaccination certificate would be sufficient .. because you might indeed test negative one day, which only means you didn't have it at that  moment .. a PCR test gurantees nothing but that you did not have it when you were tested ...

I am waiting until it says double vaccinated (unless its the J&J) do not need to test further.

Mint, thank YOU!

It is the first reference I have seen to say this, and is very envouraging ...

OH gets his second jab this week, so then we can begin to plan a little.  I suspect it will become more evident in a few more days as the new rules bed in, though I will admit that our first plan was to find somewhere in France to have a break, especially since I am limited currently in how long I can go away for due to the ongoing tests.

The more people are vaccinated, the better it should get, but wide vaccination coverage is still slow going it seems.

Judith, you MUST have known I was thinking of you when I saw that article[:D]

Hope all your tests produce excellent results and that you and M Judith get to go somewhere relaxing and enjoyable.

It's been a long and difficult year but certainly more difficult for some than others.