Brittany Ferries cancellations

Thanks for your concern. I did get a booking on the overnight crossing the night before we wanted to go. Unfortunately this incurred an additional £85.

It just fits in with the Covid test timing. The dog will find it very strange because he is used to the early morning procedure and he likes to stick to the usual rituals

Forget the boat for the minute..

How does this travelling work then ?

We are two (double jabbed) adults and three kids looking to spend a week in the UK ?

Can we go or not go. Do we need tests or what ? Do we need to quarantine. How can you quarantine and visit places.

We would go BF (Caen) when they have fixed their ship.

We would nomally stay in France in the summer but we can't think of anywhere exciting to go. Mad init. LOL.

Now you are being ridiculous, ALBF!  Nowhere exciting to go in France?

I hadn't realised but only yesterday, I learned that France was the most visited country in the world and Paris the most visited city.

Of course, we all know your opinion of Paris, you've voiced it often enough.  But are you really saying that in ALL of France, there is not a single place that would be interesting and fun to visit?

But, of course, you will say that your opinion is "right" and that millions of tourists from all over the world are wrong[:P]

PS Me, I'm off walking in the Haute Pyrenées next week and I expect to have a wonderful time full of interest and new experiences.

ALBF,all the information you need to enter the UK is here (scroll down to Amber countries) https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-amber-and-green-list-rules-for-entering-england?fbclid=IwAR0nX0T79JvVu0lYm51NVhWhRIYDuhzDSOhk8zk9ahWr-XZTZe0JZTLTx-0

To be able to leave (and return to) France, for an Orange country...

"Quelles sont les règles pour les déplacements vers et depuis un pays « orange » à compter du 9 juin?

Pour la sortie du territoire d’un voyageur à destination d’un pays « orange » :

•S’il apporte la preuve d’une vaccination complète par un vaccin reconnu par l’Agence européenne du médicament (Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca, Johnson & Johnson) : le voyageur n’est alors pas soumis au régime des motifs impérieux pour sortir du territoire vers un pays « orange », mais doit néanmoins se conformer aux règles appliquées dans le pays de destination.

S’il n’est pas vacciné ou s’il n’a pas de schéma vaccinal complet, le voyageur doit alors pour sortir du territoire :

- Justifier sa sortie du territoire français par un motif impérieux. La liste des motifs impérieux figure sur l’attestation de sortie du territoire métropolitain téléchargeable sur le site du ministère de l’Intérieur ;

- Se conformer aux règles appliquées dans le pays de destination en matière de tests à présenter et de quarantaine à éventuellement respecter

Pour l’entrée sur le territoire pour un voyageur en provenance d’un pays « orange » :

S’il apporte la preuve d’une vaccination complète par un vaccin reconnu par l’Agence européenne du médicament (Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca, Johnson & Johnson) : le voyageur n’est alors pas soumis au régime des motifs impérieux et doit présenter, en complément de sa preuve de vaccination, le résultat d’un examen biologique de dépistage virologique (PCR) réalisé moins de 72 heures avant le départ ou d’un test antigénique réalisé moins de 48 heures avant le départ ne concluant pas à une contamination par la covid-19."

.....and - before even leaving France - book (and pay for),

a package of two PCR tests per person, to be taken on days 2 and 8 of your compulsory 10-day quarantine in the U.K.

And then organise a further antigen or PCR test per person before you head back to France.

Better start saving, cos that’s expensive for a family.

Why not spend your hols in th3 Dordogne, cos you’re always saying it’s just like being in England! ?

Realistically ALBF you should not be considering a family trip to UK at the moment. It is simply too expensive and as the other members have said, the ten days in quarantine for your family would take the edge off any holiday. It may all change quite soon if we are very lucky. Wait till then.

With the same money you could have a luxury tour of some art of France that you know to be full of interest.

[quote user="Loiseau"].....and - before even leaving France - book (and pay for),

a package of two PCR tests per person, to be taken on days 2 and 8 of your compulsory 10-day quarantine in the U.K.

And then organise a further antigen or PCR test per person before you head back to France.

Better start saving, cos that’s expensive for a family.

Why not spend your hols in th3 Dordogne, cos you’re always saying it’s just like being in England! ?[/quote]

Oh Loiseau, that is the most funny and apt reply I have read for a long time[:D]  Can't stop laughing my head off......[:D]

Well I guess it is not going to happen then.

So it is 'La Grande Motte' again this summer. It is a kinda arty place Hectorsdad.

Reference to Mint's comment, no I can't really think of a place to go. It is all become the same.

I don't like tourists either.

I have been to Paris twice in the last two weeks. It was OK. Could not live their again.

I quite fancied Lulworth Cove or Kimmerage to be honest.

[quote user="alittlebitfrench"]

I don't like tourists either.

I have been to Paris twice in the last two weeks. It was OK. Could not live their again.

I quite fancied Lulworth Cove
or Kimmerage to be honest.
[/quote]

Are you quite sure you've thoroughly thought this through? HERE

Oooh gosh Cajal....that don't look good. I used to drive their with my mates from school when I was a young free 17 year old.. It was only an hour away. It was never like that.

But is does look the same in terms of tourists as La Grande Motte to be fair. Well actually, there are more tourists in La Grande Motte and it is not as pretty to look at.

We have a flat in La Grande Motte. Did I say ? LOL.

It used to be nice 10-15 years ago. Now....eeek.