Travel PCR Tests ? Eurotunnel... who's had them done and how?

AMH

Hi All, I'm hoping someone can advise me ,!! I purchased a property near "SAINT CHABRAIS" 23130 at the beginning of the first lockdown , the property needs some renovation so I have been planning on taking a Van over from the UK on the Eurotunnel to Paris and driving down, getting an outbound PCR tet seems pretty straightforward , my problem is getting a return test done, i have been on the French government website and looked for test centres close to me but im really struggling to understand what /how i do what's needed, (im not much of a French speaker yet) my latest idea was to drive back to Paris a day before my travel and see if i could get a test done there and wait the 24 hours for the results... its all very frustrating and confusing :) anyone have any advise or experiences of there own they can share ? thanks for reading all!

[quote user="AMH"] anyone have any advise or experiences of there own they can share ? thanks for reading all![/quote]

I haven't any experience of your requirements but would make this suggestion.

From your address, Montlucon appears to be your nearest location for a test centre. You will find all the information HERE  If you struggle with the language cut and paste the text into an on-line translator.

The site states:

Royaume-Uni

: Pour entrer en Angleterre et en Écosse, un test (PCR ou antigénique)

négatif de moins de 72 heures est obligatoire.

Hello,

My OH has to have a test prior to a medical procedure. Two labs that we know of in 23::

Laboratoire Gueret Biolyss and Astralab in Aubusson.

He is using Aubusson as we have bloods done there. I phoned for appt but had to make it online, there was plenty of availability. Wanted to know reason for test, was he vaccinated. I had computer problem so phoned them again and they did it for me.

We are in the health system and they wanted his carte vitale number, so not sure how this works otherwise - As a private client maybe. Regards.

Thank you all for taking the time to reply to me and for the information, you have all been more than helpful! And you have given me a number of leads to follow, I'll get googling for some phone numbers and ring round (although this scares me as my french is so poor!) Hopefully I can get some email addresses as google translate I how I'm doing g most of my communication ATM! Thanks again all.. let's hope they change to the lateral flow testing soon.. this will make it all so much easier !

My wife needed a PCR test for a hospital visit in March.

I phoned our local cabinet, who said that Brigitte, our regular infirmière, would come to the house a day or so later.

Next day I thought it would be a good idea to have a test myself, so called to ask if this was possible. "No problem" I was told.

The samples from both of us went to the laboratory of their choice, and we received the results (negative) by post the following day.

A van passes through the village every day to collect samples of all kinds from the infirmières and the pharmacies, so we have never had to go to a lab. in person.

The cost of both the home visit and the test were covered 100% by l'Assurance Maladie (15€73 for the infirmière and 53€19 for the lab)

Do you think they would offer the same service to a non resident / Tourist ?.. seems very little information out there, I guess my lack of French language skills limits what I'm able to arrange somewhat..