What can I bring back from the UK?

Blodwyn

I'm going for the first time in 2 years, via RuinAir so won't be able to bring much back. I usually buy a few things that are hard to find or more expensive in France: kitchen stuff, clothes, makeup, food cupboard stuff or Quorn. I was thinking of getting a laptop as mine is dying. Would I be charged 20% tax for importing new things?

I know I can't bring cheese or dairy produce, could bring a banana but not an apple!

Paracetamol and Nurofen. Last time we were in London (6 years ago) we visited most of the chemists on Oxford and Regent street as two clients and bought the maximum each. The only shop that allowed me more was the one I told the assistant my mother in law was coming to stay, so I needed all the drugs possible!!

Friends coming by car to Normandy earlier in the summer were spot-checked at the tunnel and my Hellmann's mayonnaise supply was confiscated. Sob. So was their dog's special diet food which was a bit of a blow for them - dried food but (unsurprisingly) it contained meat. My reading of the rules suggests it should have been permitted but they didn't argue.

I have to visit the UK in October and want to bring back a new satellite box - just a Freesat free-to-air digital recorder thing. The last one was a Humax but I think that's obsolete / been superseded so I need to research. Maybe Amazon UK for delivery to France is the answer there.

In recent times, apart from trophies from charity shops, books, etc, I don't bring much back from the UK - though I've not been over for 18 months.