Bayeux Tapestry

Moulin

If anyone has a day free, I would thoroughly recommend a visit to the Bayeux Tapestry.  A word of caution though, don't make the same mistake I did the first time I visited and select the wrong language on the commentary tape - it is not so much fun in Japanese!

I agree.

We went to see it 1 1/2 weeks ago and it was amazing.  I guess picking the right language helps... [:D]

We wandered back to the beginning at the end of the tape to see it in more detail.

Highly recommended.

I saw it several years ago and was particularly impressed with it and the presentation of it.  I seem to remember that it was probably made by English embroiderers rather than French/Norman ones.  Unfortunately, I also saw the "modern" tapestry made to celebrate the 900th anniversary of the Norman Conquest [+o(]

If I went to Bayeux again and I only had, say, an afternoon, I'd personally give the tapestry (which is not a tapestry, strictly speaking) a miss and spend it in the cathedral.  If there was a concert on in the cathedral at the same time, then it really would be no contest.