The Cave of Lascaux

Jonzjob

There is a brand new web site just come out on this incredible cave. It gives a virtual tour of the cave and by using the 'pull out on the left you can get a boat load of info on the drawings and how they were done. The sound can be turned of by clicking the sound button at the bottom of the screen

http://www.lascaux.culture.fr/#/en/00.xml

It is in English as well as French and gawd knows how many other languages. I can see me spending some time looking at this. If the virtual tour is a bit jerky then it is better if you download it to Realplayer and replay it from there. If you do this you loose the other options and info that is on the web site though, but you can always look at that seperately?

A fantastic site!

[quote user="Jonzjob"]

There is a brand new web site just come out on this incredible cave. It gives a virtual tour of the cave and by using the 'pull out on the left you can get a boat load of info on the drawings and how they were done. The sound can be turned of by clicking the sound button at the bottom of the screen

http://www.lascaux.culture.fr/#/en/00.xml

It is in English as well as French and gawd knows how many other languages. I can see me spending some time looking at this. If the virtual tour is a bit jerky then it is better if you download it to Realplayer and replay it from there. If you do this you loose the other options and info that is on the web site though, but you can always look at that seperately?

A fantastic site!

[/quote]

So good indeed that even though I mentioned it in this thread 3 weeks ago, it's worth mentioning again [:D]