Wild Birdfood suppliers in France?

Junlesley

Hi

Don't know what you mean by large, but we have purchased bags of, I think, 5 kg, from both Leclercs and Bricomarche.  Quite cheap when on offer a bit later in the year.  Unfortunately cannot remember exactly how much, but know it goes up later in the season.

Jackie

Wild birdfood is very expensive in France. Of course, for most rural French people, feeding garden birds is utterly bizarre and way beyond comprehension! I bring back 25kg packs of various birdseed, sunflower seeds etc from the UK several times a year. JunLesley, I'm near Sourdeval in southern Manche so could bring you some birdfood back in October if you're ever in this direction and could collect. PM me if the suggestion is helpful.

Thanks very much for the offer, yes birdfood here seems quite expensive, and I now know why our neighbours find it strange that we feed the birds us daft brits! we are a bit far from you to collect any seed but we will just have to do the same when we go over to the uk, fancy having to stock up on birdfood, we just thought we needed baked beans and teabags June

• 4 weeks later...

I have noticed in the last week or so that all the wild bird foods, including very large bags of seeds and fat balls have arrived in the shops.  Magasin Vert seemed to have a paricularly large stock.  Liike many other things in french shops there is a season - Christmas cards are not on sale here in August

Liz (29)

Last week in E.Leclerc in Ruffec, they were selling 5kg's of wild bird seed for 1.29 Euros and packets of eight fatballs for less than one Euro! I could not believe how incredibly cheap they were and took the opportunity to stockpile before they put the prices up!

Lautrec.

Last week in E.Leclerc in Ruffec, they were selling 5kg's of wild bird seed for 1.29 Euros and packets of eight fatballs for less than one Euro! I could not believe how incredibly cheap they were and took the opportunity to stockpile before they put the prices up!

Lautrec.