Festival International du Film Ornithologique Menigoute Deux-Sèvres

21ème FESTIVAL INTERNATIONAL DU FILM ORNITHOLOGIQUE DE MENIGOUTE, Deux-Sèvres
from 27th October to 1st November 2005

http://www.menigoute-festival.org/

This has been mentiond on our site for months, but thought I would put it on here.  I was talking to the honey man (getting my vinaigre de miel, delicious) at the market of Saint Maixent this morning and he said it is an important event, not only the films but many different stands with associations, produce, etc.  He is going to be there tomorrow.  I'm going to try to go.

Have you been Chris?

YUP, sure have, spent the day there yesterday, well worth the visit. There is a huge chapiteau or marquee with stands for different exhibitors, nature associations, nature reserves, environmental protection, books, field glasses and telescopes, organic wine and then there are the films in the afternoon and evening.  Too much to list! AND while I was there, sitting outside at midi 17 Cranes flew over!

It is quite amazing, if you know Menigoute, that this normally quiet, small French town in the middle of the countryside puts on such an event. If yesterday was anything to go by it will be another successful year for the Festival. Do try to go, I am sure that you will find it worthwhile and interesting.

PLUS!  If anyone is thinking of a new pair of field glasses, the LPO stand has some fantastic reductions on "end of line" brand new stock.

Off to La Brenne tomorrow to "look at the birdies"

Cheers, Chris