shelled peanuts for wild birds

Joanl

Does anyone know where I can buy shelled peanuts for the garden birds, it is prohibitive to have them shipped out from Uk, I usually buy 25kgs at a time. My birds have already got through the stock I brought from Uk,  although I also buy sunflower seeds in bulk from my local co-operative, the birds prefer their peanuts. We are not going back again this year , so getting desperate. My co-op can only supply me peanuts with shells, I don't fancy sitting shelling them all, and can not face the idea of clearing up after the birds have pecked their way through. Thanks, joan

Hi Joan, I don't know where you live, but here in the Aude (11) our Jardiland have shelled knuts (sorry, me beer's getting warm?). The only problem is that they are a bit expensive.

We put a seed feeder out with a high % of sunflower seeds. The t!ts have a wonderful time throwing out everything they don't like to get at the s/flower seeds and the other birds get showered with the seed they like. I hate to think what might grow under the circis tree the feeder hangs in and I just hope the local 'flick' believe me? The black birds and black caps have stripped out lovely cherry apple tree and gave us a wonderful time watching them. I have some video of their antics...

John.