Swallows

Just got back from walking the dogs and saw a pair of swallows.  Thought I saw a couple last week but it was a sunnier day and they were just a blur as they zoomed over the roof of the house and into the sun, so I wasn't quite sure.  Today, I am quite sure, forked tails, white bellies and sheer elegance.  Nice to have them back.

Anne

• 2 weeks later...

We saw the first few at the weekend of 8th April, and last weekend they were around in fair numbers on the north coast of Finistere.  Must be taking the western route. Some ought to be in England by now particularly if they are crossing the channel further east.  It starts to feel like summer is on its way.

Liz

Our family of swalows have returned to our kitchen chimney.They nest just inside the chimney lip.They must know when I stop using that woodburner.We also have sparrows/bluetits/greattits in the boxes and various blackbirds/songthrushes/wrens pairing up.Our 3 families of lizards have already got young.We have to tell visitors that if they see a small tail disappear into the outside wall,it's not a mouse.

Regards.B&B St.Malo.