That darn cat

My cats keep catching what looks like a cross between a rat and a racoon! Thay are lovely little things with black and white striped faces and a black tipped bushy tails. Unfortunately, the cats don't even eat them so kill for the sport. I'm concerned that the population will be severely depleted.

Can anyone tell me a little more about these sweet little rodents? I haven't any information at all about them but know they are probably nocturnal.

Thanks,

Catherine

www.pictureburgundy.com

Dormice? Or do a search on here, as someone else had a sort of Chipmunk on their property, and ChrisP seemed to think it might be a colony of escapees.

Can you fit the cats with a bell? If it worries you, that is?

Alcazar

PS: a nice bronze bell, weighing about 25kg would do the trick[:D]

And before anyone accuses me of being a cat-hater, IT WAS A JOKE!

Alcazar

Lérot  Eliomys Quercinus Garden dormouse.

Although it's maybe not a lot of fun if your cats killing these, they are quite common in France and their natural home is in woodland using holes in trees to nest in. It's not the same dormouse that you know of in the UK.

Chris

[quote user="Cat7139"]

Thanks Chris,

That's the one! I can now look the species up and see if they will survive the slaughter.

However the rhyme 'ding dong bell' sprang to mind and I've just sung it to the cats whilst sitting by the well. [6]

Catherine

www.pictureburgundy.com

[/quote]

That made me laugh out loud. I had visions of cats lined up listening intently[:D]

What did they do?

Alcazar