What's going on with the meteo?

Hello, not sure if this post should be here or somewhere else, but here goes anyway.

I live in dept 79 and its blinking freezing.  After a full days rain yesterday, I woke up to clear blue skies and a gentle breeze, but when I stepped outside, well its about 12C. 

Now I know it has been very hot over the past few weeks, with temps reaching the near 40C mark, but what on earth is going on?  Is it autumn already? It certainly feels like it where I am.

How's the weather where you are? 

Odd isn't it! Currently 16 degrees here, sun is out though! brrrrrr................. is it time to get out the winter woollies.

Maybe we have bypassed august............?????????

Although after all that hot weather i think i will always feel cold when it is below 30 degrees!

Louise

Same in the Champagne area as well.  I had to find a pair of socks, as well as a jumper.  But it is 22C outside at the moment, but raining - and I've a lot of sheets and towels to dry grrrrr.... 

I'm going to England at the weekend for a holiday.  I was looking forward to cooler weather - so maybe I should be happy.  And I did get the bathroom decorated the other day - been waiting for months for some cool weather to start the job, but it is summer and it should be HOT.

Trying to think back [blink] and from what I can remember if we have a hot June we have an unsettled August. Temps never recover but September and October warm. Hope my memory is proved wrong, put the fleecy anorak on today [8-|]

Very chilly down here: bit of overnight rain, then a mere 30C today with a few whispy clouds.  Hot enough in the kayak down the Gardon though - getting too old for that lark, but wonderful scenery and a great view of the Pont (which one never tires of) 

Definitely a bit parky this evening - just checked the temp and it says 23C, but it feels a lot colder than last week's 25C.

Poppy - if Sept & Oct turn out to be warm, that'll suit me.  Bring on the rain in Aug I say !!! 

Yes, we (Dept. 84 Vaucluse SE) have definitely noticed a change.  It seems almost an instant change.  A few days ago, the pool was at 31 degrees, it is now at 25.  We had a misty rain yesterday early morning, but no real drops fell.  This morning there is still a strong cool breeze and I had to put a blanket on the bed during the night.  Feels quite odd for the first week of August.  There are heavy gray clouds hanging all over the Mt. Ventoux.

If this means we will have a warm October, that would thrill me !!

If it's any consolation, its done just the same here in the UK - instead of the warm wind from France, we now have a colder wind from the north, with rain (at times).  But hey - I'm still wearing a T-shirt and no cardi - so it is still summer - at least I can now think!