bird song tapes

mooky

I have a friend in hospital. They are unfortunatley losing the battle for life. She usually lives by a wood. I know the most precious thing to her is the sound of the birds. I would so much love to buy a tape of birdsong and woodland sounds for her. Not with music attached or one of those relaxation tapes, just natural sounds, so she can go to her final rest listening to those sounds which are most precious.

Any ideas please?

If you have the means to download music and burn them onto a CD try  www.limewire.com

It's a site I have used for music, I haven't actually looked for bird songs but it might be worth a look, and it is free.

I am not an expert on the procedures for downloading music, I just happen to have been shown how to do it and it worked for me.

Hope it is useful.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The hospice room was filled with catkins, narcissi, and hyacyinths, the wild bird songs tapes were playing quietly in the background, it felt magical. My dear friend died a couple of days ago, so relaxed from the tapes, and the wonderful scent. The hospice had not thought of using nature background before, but felt they were so relaxing.

Thank you for your help Ford Anglia. I have given to tapes to the hospice. One is often played in their conservatory.