Name that Deer

Sorry not a hugely brilliant picture (I'm still getting to grips with my new camera), but we had two of them wandering across the bottom of our garden the other morning.

[IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a231/suninfrance/Deer.jpg[/IMG]

Seen here picking it's way through the b****y molehills.  Even when there is frost on the ground the moles are still active [:@]

I always forget to take my camera with me, but this one was taken out of my kitchen window (which I will get around to cleaning one day).  Had to jiggle about with the brightness on my camera programme, but at least it's not just a silhouette now.  It wasn't moving very fast, but by the time I'd sorted out the settings on my camera it was heading for the tree, which is where it's partner had disappeared to by the time I'd got myself organised.

Ever since I threatened to go out for a walk with the camera, it's been raining - typical.  Due for rain for the next three days as well, so no chance of any good photos there.

[quote user="Suninfrance"]I always forget to take my camera with me, but this one was taken out of my kitchen window (which I will get around to cleaning one day).  Had to jiggle about with the brightness on my camera programme, but at least it's not just a silhouette now.[/quote]

You did really well. The trees and background foliage/plant life look very painterly. I would be overjoyed If I'd taken it.

I would be even more overkoyed if I'd seen it out of my kichen window.[:)]

[quote user="FurryKnickers"]...Grand words Mrs Tresco[:)] Painterly, overkoyed and trees are all very lovely![/quote]

I know!![:D]

Now, which of us needs spectagoggles first? S'probably me. [:D]

I've just checked and it's you!!![:-))]

Oh no it isn't...it's me![:$][:D]

I've never seen a rabbit wearing glasses! You know overkoyed? In Kildare that means you have too many carps and they call baguettes snake breads because they are snake shaped. Me mammy would always say "bring me up one of them snakes will ya"  I still call them snakes too. They have a lot of snake shaped things in Ireland too now.

[kiss]

Would you like me to take some of them carps off yer hands? Did you know they are Japanese yokes? "where is that snake bread" said me mammy, "It's below" said I to her! "would you skin it before it gets too soft" said she, "I will" said I to her! I was after going to see the dolphin in Dingle harbour at boxing day, and I asked this quare owl lad "where's that dolphin?" He's below said the lad! If you ask a Irish lad where something is, he always say's "below" How nice is that[:-))] I'm off below now[:-))][:-))]

• 3 weeks later...